O

Not Just Things with Wings: Other forms of Wiffing....A Challenge

Started by Overkiller, June 22, 2008, 01:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: Overkiller on June 22, 2008, 01:49:51 PM
following on from the annual What-if SIG get together (this year at Midlands Air Museum in Coventry), my brain has been musing over an issue. This was an issue raised by Our Glorious Leader Martin H (Herro....), that the vast majority of wiffs were of planes or helicopters, and his desire to broaden the spectrum of covered areas.

:cheers:

Duncan

Bloody Hell!!!!

some one realy was paying attention to me for once.   ;D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Duncan  ;D

Oh Mike.  Those Buses are classics.  Do u do commissions?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Daryl J.

Now what could one do with a Bentley Continental GT?

Daryl J.

Weaver

Okay, you've seen the Pimp-My-Ride custom cars and vans, right? And you've seen Technicals, so how about:

Pimp-My-Technical GB

Flame paint job, tinted windows, wide tires, heavy automatic weapons, "MAX firepower" sticker on the tailgate - what's not to love?  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Quote from: Daryl J. on June 23, 2008, 06:05:52 PM

Daryl J.

Steam Punk.  Stretch the nose, have some big steam funnels coming up over the top of the door & flaring at the rear.  Add a few retro details, maybe some decorative details, but not over the top like the car in The League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

I've thought of a couple of What If's completley unrelated to modeling recentley.  I heard someone bitching on the TV about ageing pop stars some time ago & it got me thinking, what if Elvis hadn't died so young???  Or at least maybe not faked his death & gone into hiding...  Anyway, would he still be revered with God like status, or would people be saying, "would Elvis give it a rest, he's seventy odd for God's sake"!!!  :lol: :ph34r: :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

Daryl J.

Retro it so it's more in line with e.g. the Arnage and earlier (Mulsanne Turbo):
- change the front so it's upright
- higher roofline, windscreen a bit more upright
- change the boot to look more like e.g. the Continental S2

Mike Wren

QuoteOh Mike.  Those Buses are classics.  Do u do commissions?

not at the moment, if you have a look at my website, you'll see why I've not been doing much modelling...

Geoff

Twillight 2000 and 2300AD were also good for Wif ideas; but 2300 had a lot of statistics and few pics of equipment

Sentinel Chicken

I like this Whif: http://www.vwgarden.co.uk/annas50resto.html

A full scale working VW bug in Swedish splinter camouflage.......dig it.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Hobbes

Quote from: Hobbes on June 24, 2008, 03:37:10 AM

Daryl J.

Retro it so it's more in line with e.g. the Arnage and earlier (Mulsanne Turbo):
- change the front so it's upright
- higher roofline, windscreen a bit more upright
- change the boot to look more like e.g. the Continental S2

And another option: build a 'shooting break' version (i.e. a stationwagon based on a coupé body), like this Lynx Eventer based on a Jaguar XJS:

Hobbes

Hm, my last post jogged a memory. I once considered building a model of the Eventer, but forgot about it until now.

Hasegawa do a 1:24 Jaguar XJS, I built one a few years ago:

It should be doable to kitbash that into an Eventer...

BlackOps

Hmmmm, things without wings, I've built a few, and a few are still in progress  ;D

I'm sure there's more :)

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.