O

Not Just Things with Wings: Other forms of Wiffing....A Challenge

Started by Overkiller, June 22, 2008, 01:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

And I love you.... no seriously I have a Monster crush....also and 18 wheeler and tank crush :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: But hey this is a family site and one of those guys is obviously horny :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Geoff

Daryl J.

No-no boys, you've got it all wrong!    :thumbsup:   A 54mm steam powered, computerized back woods whiskey still!   That's a whiff ne're before seen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  LoL

FWIW, I may actually have to do that one as the 1 week group build if time allows joining in the first place.    After that, it's open season on the idea for whomsoever wishes.    :party: :party: :party:

Daryl J.

Weaver

Here's some things-without-wings that have the dual advantages of a) using some aircraft parts, and b) looking wierd:

Full article with loads of pics here:

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/12/unique-soviet-snowmobiles.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Damian2

I have a couple of sci-fi kits stashed with my bro, mostly Macross so they have wings but I want to get a couple of 1/48 Mechs for this crazy diorama idea I have with a mech punching an attack chopper out of the sky.

Pic of the Mech I want:

I'm thinking of a MARPAT style camo and a knife from an action figure? :)

Also as soon as Tamiya pulls its finger out and gets a little over WWII I'd like either an Abrhams or Challenger II for my SANDF...

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I have got to get me one of those!!!!  ;D  I mean a real one..... I wonder where I could use one in Texas???  :blink:...also need a PPsH :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Daryl J.

Do any of you with Seattle connections have pictures from some years back of the Lockheed aircraft  whiffed into a temple?   That was pretty wild.   :blink:

Who says the what if build has to start with an actual kit?   The little fishing bobber steambouy was about as much fun as can be had model building.    The long end of those big plastic easter eggs from a craft store could serve as 1/48 or 1/35 scale huts in some alternate society or alternate time for example.
:thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Weaver

Quote from: Daryl J. on July 16, 2008, 09:01:02 PM
Do any of you with Seattle connections have pictures from some years back of the Lockheed aircraft  whiffed into a temple?   That was pretty wild.   :blink:

Who says the what if build has to start with an actual kit?   The little fishing bobber steambouy was about as much fun as can be had model building.    The long end of those big plastic easter eggs from a craft store could serve as 1/48 or 1/35 scale huts in some alternate society or alternate time for example.

Daryl J.

Funny you should say that:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20005.0.html

- Indiana Jones

anthonyp

No wings?  Easy!  Ships!  I know between JoeP and I, we've built a small fleet (of course, none of mine have gone beyond "builders trials," but still...)

I'd post links, but I'm being especially lazy at the moment.  Go look for threads by me or Joep to see what I'm blathering on about.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

Spy vehicles and gadgets of all types, sizes and scales.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Quote from: Overkiller on July 20, 2008, 10:44:11 AM
Quote from: anthonyp on July 17, 2008, 08:32:07 PM
No wings?  Easy!  Ships!  I know between JoeP and I, we've built a small fleet (of course, none of mine have gone beyond "builders trials," but still...)

I'd post links, but I'm being especially lazy at the moment.  Go look for threads by me or Joep to see what I'm blathering on about.

Funny you should say that, I wandered into the local Hobbycraft store today, on the shelves they have some 1/300 scale King George V and 1/600 HMS Nelson kits, and I got to thinking....hmmmmm.... modernised battleship, ditch the turrets, re-work the superstructure to fit in a kick-arse Radar system, and add VLS units for Harpoon/Seawolf/Tomahawk...

:cheers:

Duncan

Or for a change from VLS, how about modernised in the late 1960s for NGS in support of the marines, like an early, British New Jersey? Main turrets all kept, secondary turrets replaced with twin 4.5" or 3" Mk.VI, multiple Seacat in place of 40mm, Ikara in place of seaplane & catapult, 984 radar (the thumping great "bass drum" fitted to some carriers).

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

Joe C-P

Quote from: anthonyp on July 17, 2008, 08:32:07 PM

And what of us, anthonyp?

What of us?

JoeP, now pondering moving beyond ships and planes-that-go-on-ships  :huh:

Maybe _tanks_ that go on ships! An amphibious M-1 Abrams! Imagine something like that charging up the Tigris and Eurphrates rivers! (No politics, please, just an example!)  :drink:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.