Not Just Things with Wings: Other forms of Wiffing....A Challenge

Started by Overkiller, June 22, 2008, 01:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Hobbes on September 30, 2008, 07:46:28 AM
Quote from: Weaver on September 30, 2008, 05:01:19 AM
These have just been re-released by Testors - GOTTA have Whiff Potential:

(Salt flats racers)

AFAIK, they are whiffs. There's no car named "Alky saltzer" that I can find.

Of course they are: they all use the same basic mouldings: the blue one is just going backwards!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: Hobbes on September 30, 2008, 06:13:47 AM

Barmy, but not without precedent. Ferrari did the 250 GT 'Breadvan':

Actually Ferrari did not build the 'Breadvan'.
The car was a modification of 250 GT SWB - chassis 2819 GT and was constructed by Count Volpi's Scuderia SSS Republica di Venezia.
Ferrai had found out that some of his ex-employees were working for the Count and as a result he refused to deliver the 250 GTOs the Count had ordered.
In response the Count's team made their own new racer for the new season, they stripped down 2819, repositioning the engine further aft and lower in the chassis along with other mods that were made under the direction of Bizzarini, who concurrently designed the low-slung Kamm tailed body.

In effect Volpi, Bizzarini and the crew were making the fig to old Enzo the Joyless Manufacturer Numpty.  ;D

Jon

ChernayaAkula

What about...

dinosaurs?  :blink:
Dinosaurs with frickin' laser beams on their heads. No, really. Like the "Dino Riders" toys and cartoons of the 1980's. Or instead of lasers you could use any kind of weapon.

Quote from: Overkiller on June 24, 2008, 05:12:00 AM
<...>
I've got a long term hankering to do the following:
Combine Strider from Half Life 2
The swamp boat you get to ride in the canals and sewers in Half Life 2
The Dune Buggy in Half Life 2

In the intro to Half Life 1, as you get taken on the monorail into the Black Mesa base, you pass a freaky looking powerlifter busy cleaning up a toxic spill, that would be cool too. <...>

What about the attack chopper in HL2? When I played the game and the chopper appeared dropping mines in the airboat level, I knew I had to build that one day!

That powerlifter looked awesome. Hopefully they'll get BLACK MESA SOURCE up and running one day.

Quote from: BlackOps on June 26, 2008, 08:30:15 PM
<...>

<...>

Wow! That thing looks seriously cool!  :thumbsup: Merkava hover-tank?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

BlackOps

Thanks Moritz!  ;D I really should finish the hover tank and the dino rider.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.