Steampunk Stuka Project

Started by BlackOps, June 22, 2008, 08:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

OK, I've decided to build my 1/32 21st Century Toys Stuka with a bit of steampunk flavoring.

The kit:

I've got the interior started.

Still trying to decide how much of this will be visible once it's buttoned up and if I want to add more pipes and other doodads  :rolleyes:

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

AeroplaneDriver

How about a metal seat with lots of rivets instead of wood?

This one should be fin to watch!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Jeffry Fontaine

The skill level indicator is interesting with the degree of bombs being the method of determining how difficult the kit is.  Or is that how badly you "bomb it" during the course of building it?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Taiidantomcat

Can't wait to see this! i have been wanting to "steam punk" something forever now but didnt even know where to begin, your build will be a great example!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

John Howling Mouse

That's funny: when I first saw the size of the gauges in the rear position I thought "Has he gone nuts?" then remembered this is, in fact, a steampunk concept.
Perfect touch, as always.  This is going to be so cool...more!  More!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Daryl J.

cthulhu77

retro_seventies

This is the coolest thing!  I'm absolutely LOVING those dials in the back seat!  How about a speaking tube for the pilot and co-pilot?   Can't wait to see what you do to the outside!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

GTX

I wonder if a biplane conversion should also be contemplated?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Eddie M.

Intriguing idea and the workmanship is spot on :mellow: :thumbsup: :ph34r:. Plus, I like your way of marking your paint bottles. :cheers:
   Eddie 
Look behind you!

GTX

Thread revival - did this ever get finished?

Regards,

Greg

buzzbomb

I hope it did or if still underway plenty or room for other ideas. :thumbsup:

What about a big Gyroscope jiggamawhatsit in the gunners area or similar

BlackOps

Greg, thanks for bringing this back to my attention. The project kind of got put on hold last year when I was not feeling all that great, then it got buried in the in-progress pile. Definately going to have to bump this one back up to the front row. Thanks for the nudge  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Sauragnmon

I have to admit, this is an idea that I find interesting - though I would imagine you could get away with an oil-fired boiler in this case, as shovelling coal at 25k up sounds like a bad idea... "Shovel Faster, we're losing altitude!!!!"
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

GTX

Quote from: Sauragnmon on August 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM
I have to admit, this is an idea that I find interesting - though I would imagine you could get away with an oil-fired boiler in this case, as shovelling coal at 25k up sounds like a bad idea... "Shovel Faster, we're losing altitude!!!!"

Unless of course it was coal powder.

Regards,

Greg