Armed Forces Day- CFB Borden

Started by Captain Canada, June 23, 2008, 08:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Thanks again, guys. Still daydreaming about our day together.....great stuff.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

jcf

Apropo of nothing,
a few pics of Borden taken by my Grandad, Sgt. Moran Francis Farrelly, he was an instructor in the Tank school..
I have his prints and most of the negatives.
;D

Jon

Captain Canada

I found a couple of 'action shots' of the 'incident' scary stuff indeed ! Good thing it hit the Harvard and not the crowd, hate to think what would have happened there....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 01, 2008, 10:47:41 PM
Apropo of nothing,
a few pics of Borden taken by my Grandad, Sgt. Moran Francis Farrelly, he was an instructor in the Tank school..
I have his prints and most of the negatives.
;D

Jon

Wow ! Those are great Jon ! Sorry for not noticing earlier. Thank you so much for posting them. I've saved them all as I love seeing stuff like theis. What a magical place Borden was as a child....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 25, 2015, 08:56:37 AM
I found a couple of 'action shots' of the 'incident' scary stuff indeed ! Good thing it hit the Harvard and not the crowd, hate to think what would have happened there....

What's the story there Cap'n? Looks like either an R/C failure or brain failure!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

My guess was that he lost comms with it. He was turning on finals and it just veered towards us.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

rickshaw

I assume the Harvard will acquire a CF-105 "Kill" symbol somewhere in memory?  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

That would be kind of funny eh ! It belonged to that Potter guy I believe, I should check the Vintage Wings website and see if they say anything about it
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 24, 2008, 09:40:41 AM
The good news for him, tho, is that they were already working on a jet powered example.
The ducting in the wreckage looked like it was for a fan and not a turbine. Electric?

A couple of years ago, I saw a R/C helicopter crash at a show. The "pilot" said he got unburned fuel in his eyes from the exhaust of the glow engine. The best he could do, even with a caller, was to point it away from the crowd.

Some years earlier, I recall a total loss of control during a R/C aerobatics contest. The 2 meter airplane just continued a slow roll, until there was a thud in the trees. At that time, the best guess was total loss of electricity - possibly due to the light drizzle getting into a switch.

Captain Canada

Scary stuff indeed. I guess we'll never see drones at airshows ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

I went to the Large Model Show at Cosford 2 years ago and a USCG C-130 went in (in a BIG way!) because the pilot forgot about losing lift in tight turns and he didn't drop any flap as he a made a turn onto the approach. I was standing about 6 ft. from him and he nearly bent the sticks at 90 deg trying to get out of it!

Luckily the aircraft impacted on the far side of the runway from the crowd line but it was totalled, all 20 ft. wingspan of it!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Ouch....glad nobody was hurt but that would be hard to take !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

According to this report from last year, we could be in for a treat next year. ROAD TRIP! http://barrie.ctvnews.ca/mobile/cfb-borden-won-t-hold-airshow-until-2016-1.1851089
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Great stuff. Can't wait. I'll bring my gear and camp at Utopia Conservation area. A few pops, some kayaking/ canoeing/ fishing, a bike ride, maybe make a 3-4 dayer out of it  :drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?