Bell /Rolls Royce CobraJet

Started by sotoolslinger, June 23, 2008, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

I have a new song; goes something like this:
"I'm packin' up my models, packin' up my tools, puttin' away my paints....and takin' up knittin'!"

Fantastic concepts all around, STS, and I'm not just saying that because she has a t-tail.

I figure the mention of the "SuperBolt" gives both of us a cool kind of credibility....we should all do more cross-referencing like that.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on June 23, 2008, 03:40:53 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like you all to please take a moment to reflect on the sacrifice that was made by the three 1/48th scale P-51D Mustangs which volunteered to become a major source of parts for this project.  Never have so many given up so much for a single purpose. 

Thank you,

I have an updated Bf-109 project in mind which will end up eating THREE Me-262s if all goes to plan (mind you, they are 1/72nd Airfix ones, so that's probably doing the world a favour.... ;D)

Toolslinger - looking good as ever: want to see how this one comes out!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Thanks ya'll , I should have posted this earlier  :banghead: someone posted this on the P-39/P-63 Thread.

You can not just leave stuff like this laying around while I have model kits. ;D
Someone also made the comment about making a quick and dirty :wacko: jet out of it.
My sick mind just went a runnin and now you have to put up with this build :wacko: ;D :mellow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

This project is going to be a winner :o :party: :drink: :cheers:
:thumbsup: :bow: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Carlos ;D here are some pics from this am's inevitable PSR(for you sick uns that like that kind of thing)

I thought the casting on the nose guns sucked so I scavenged a new panel from one of my other P-39's

Primer and mo putty

I amuse me.

Weaver

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 25, 2008, 06:52:08 AM
Thanks ya'll , I should have posted this earlier  :banghead: someone posted this on the P-39/P-63 Thread.

You can not just leave stuff like this laying around while I have model kits. ;D
Someone also made the comment about making a quick and dirty :wacko: jet out of it.
My sick mind just went a runnin and now you have to put up with this build :wacko: ;D :mellow:

So it's all my fault, is it?....................................... :o :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Yep, I was just searching for that thread so I could write down the names of the people to blame ;D
I hope your happy :wacko:
Give me a few hours and you'll see what I do about the center of gravity problem :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :party:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.

Patrick H

Looks great. Nice idee and nice build. Keep the F 86 droptanks as droptanks. Wingtiptanks don't look good on a angeled wing. (just my idea)

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Rafael

Now I'm wishing I had one airacobra!!! :wub:

She's lookin' good all primered. How many guns will be sticking out this time?

Great one, Sotool

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Yeah Patrick the wingtip tanks were suckin so I think your right. ;D
Rafa , there will be 5 nose guns on this one (well sort of). The center of the (ex) prop spinner will be a 30 mm the upper deck guns will be long barreled .60 cal machine guns and I thought about adding two guns(.50-.60 cal )to the side of the nose but I don't think this would give enough nose weight to overcome the big arse jet in the butt so I am fairing a couple of small droptanks into the wing roots to hold 25 mm cannon :wacko: :wacko:
I would show you an in progress but I ,stupidly, broke the wings apart a little while ago :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

Arc3371

A sign that it wants to be an M-Cobra?... BTW it looks great so far

sotoolslinger

HMMMMM :rolleyes: But no. I don't like doing the same thing twice in a row, but mostly the shapes are not saying that. ;D
In both my model
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20521.0.html
And the original X-plane

The transition between fuselage and wings is kind of awkward
Here's my model with the nosecone added

I will add  weight to the front end by fairing in Big Arse Guns  to the wing roots

These will be 1 inch cannon with nice gun barrels sticking out of the pods :wacko: :wacko:

Obviously these will be aligned better ;D
I amuse me.

Rafael

BFGs again!!! Man I love your builds!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I think so much firepower won't be a problem during a "broadside" salvo, with all guns blazing at once, since the bird has three intakes preventing an engine flameout.

Ah! don't listen to me! Put as many guns as you see fit in that sexy lady. :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Rafa you are not quite correct these are not BFG'S, they are Big ARSE guns ,or BAG's which are ,as everyone knows guaranteed not to cause flameout in jet engines ;D :mellow: :rolleyes: :party:
I amuse me.

Rafael

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 25, 2008, 04:26:34 PM
Rafa you are not quite correct these are not BFG'S, they are Big ARSE guns ,or BAG's which are ,as everyone knows guaranteed not to cause flameout in jet engines ;D :mellow: :rolleyes: :party:

Noted.

It's so hard to keep apace with technology!!! :rolleyes: :lol: :thumbsup:

Rafa
1/72 Scale Maniac

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER