Started by sotoolslinger, June 23, 2008, 01:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Hey Rafa ,you want to see something really entertaining go here
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20495.0.html
It's all about technology.... no really ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Captain Canada

Woah......now that is something special ! Love the idea, and your execution is going swimingly !

And if you were to ask me, you can never go wrong with tip tanks !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

retro_seventies

Oh Lordy.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is going to be great, i can just feel it.  Any idea for painting ideas yet?  Would it be too left field to suggest Indian?  Maybe Indian Navy?  Looks like something Kurt Tank might have have done (before the Marut).  Could be flying from the Vikrant instead of Seahawks...

Seahawks were dressed like this:

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

sotoolslinger

Actually I was thinking that this would be a private venture between Bell and RR built in Canada so I was thinking Canadian markings but I like the blue over white color scheme.
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Sweet mother of pearl !  Go out of town for a few weeks, and look what you get into!!!! Awesome !

Captain Canada

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 26, 2008, 05:46:13 AMbut I like the blue over white color scheme.

No no no....don't start listening to other people's voices....follow your heart !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Holy fudge, Toolslinger! I'm just flabbergasted by your imagination! A jet powered Airacobra!!! Whoda thunk it??!!!

Mind blowing!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Well thanks ya'll. I really have not thought about colors yet. That's not really how my process works. I know it will have Canadian markings as that is what the backstory says but I haven't given any thought whatsoever to paint scheme. that usually comes later. ;D
I usually steal ideas so any suggestions will be considered ;D
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 26, 2008, 02:54:38 PM
Well thanks ya'll. I really have not thought about colors yet. That's not really how my process works. I know it will have Canadian markings as that is what the backstory says but I haven't given any thought whatsoever to paint scheme. that usually comes later. ;D
I usually steal ideas so any suggestions will be considered ;D

This is looking super sh*t hot! :mellow: It is very eerie to how you approach a build. I say eerie because everything you've said about how it works out in your head is how it happens with me. For me, it's the idea, build it and then the look comes last. As much as I try, I can not see my initial idea in color. Your work is very refreshing to me. :thumbsup: :cheers: By the way, the Snail is on it's way to your place with a box.;)
    Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Thanks Eddie, and THANKS Eddie, ;D ;D ;D I'm really looking forward to her :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Mo PSR

Now as a jet newbie I need some feedback,the crappy kit I scavenged to get the F-86 butt has no detail.It is just empty up the exhaust tube :blink: :banghead:
I couldn't put up with that so I made a cool looking cone exhaust. Now I know that afterburners didn't come into use until later but someone give me a plausible explanation for having the cool tube

I've heard of water injection but I don't know what that does? Add oxygen therefore increasing thrust? little help here :wub:
I amuse me.

Weaver

The only water injection I've heard of on jets is on the Harrier, where it's injected into the front of the engine to keep it cool during hovering, which is why the Harrier can only hover for 90 seconds: that's how long the water lasts.

Why not say it's an over-elaborate air-cooled jetpipe? you've got four fairly large NACA intakes on the fuselage: maybe they feed into a double-walled jetpipe that has petals at the end to vary the flow rate. It's a dumb feature, but dumb features make an early jet credible: just look at the intake on an He-162.....

Speaking of which, your wing-root guns almost certainly WILL cause problems with gun gas injestion, but that again is a perfectly credible period faux pas. You've seen a MiG-9 now: any other dubious gun installation pales into insignificance compared to that, doesn't it?   :blink:;D

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Thanks for the ideas Weaver ;D The NACA ducts automatically shift the air intake to the upper duct when the side intakes injest gunsmoke ;D ;D ;D :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

retro_seventies

No no no....don't start listening to other people's voices....follow your heart !

Our resident amphibian is quite right - i totally forgot the backstory, and then here i come steamrollering in with all kinds of " yay! Indian Navy" bullhonky.  I'm sorry  :cheers:

...of course he could just be continuing his ongoing quest to see all planes decked out in maples  ;D
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

sotoolslinger

No apologies nessesary ,ever, all suggestions and comments gratefullyaccepted and considered. I really do like the blue over white. I honestly have no idea how I plan to finish this one yet. To be totally truthful I will have to look up Canadian paint schemes and markings of the period.I have no idea what they looked like or even what the roundels colors were. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.