VF-142 Super Hornet

Started by Eddie M., June 23, 2008, 08:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Looking sweet, Eddie ! Love the pics of the big carrier underway....such power !

One thing I inadvertantly did on a cockpit screen, I went the lazy way and 'painted' it in with a green sharpie. Then, when I filled it in with kid's white glue, it broguht the colour out and gave it some depth. Cheap and easy, the way Baz likes 'em !

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 25, 2008, 06:59:20 PM
Looking sweet, Eddie ! Love the pics of the big carrier underway....such power !

One thing I inadvertantly did on a cockpit screen, I went the lazy way and 'painted' it in with a green sharpie. Then, when I filled it in with kid's white glue, it broguht the colour out and gave it some depth. Cheap and easy, the way Baz likes 'em !

Thanks for the reminder about the displays. Since I'm adding pilots, those screens need to be "on" ;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 25, 2008, 11:37:58 AM
See that's the difference between the average modeler(like me) and folk like Eddie and Baz. Eddie didn't think the earlier cockpit was good enough....... and made his own hud  :rolleyes: :blink:
I'm putting on the dress :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
:wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you! :mellow: I can't speak for Baz, but it a sickness really. I hadn't looked at that HUD since I finished it and no one else has either. Why go to all the trouble? Loose screw in thew gray matter I guess. By the way, the sickness has reached a new level. I've tried my hand at adding patches to the shoulders of the crew. Nothing fancy, but better than nothing, right? ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Alright, this is what I came up with. Here's the USS America's seal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:USS_America_%28CV-66%29_seal.jpg

and what I did to give a little more detail to the crew.  :o

After that, I've got to go get thicker reading glasses from the $1 store. ;)
   Eddie

Look behind you!

Patrick H

Indeed, not to much detail on those pilots. Especialy the patch could be better  :wacko: :wacko:

seriously, great job Eddie, both on the pit and the pilots.

My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, this has one's got my attention.....

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

Hey....what are those two pilots both looking at ? It's just off the screen.......

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Thanks Guys!

QuoteLove your pics of the America.  That's quite the weapon of mass destruction you folks have there.  If I saw that coming into my coastline view, I'd capitulate on the spot.  Then send my pants to the laundry....

Imagine 4 of them. Here are a few more pictures from that day.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Yeah that's pretty average.... I mean the RIO's shoulder patch is sewn on crooked.......I'll get me coat. ;D :rolleyes: :blink: :party:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on June 26, 2008, 04:38:43 PM
Yeah that's pretty average.... I mean the RIO's shoulder patch is sewn on crooked.......I'll get me coat. ;D :rolleyes: :blink: :party:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yeah, but you didn't notice I used the wrong color thread to sew the patches on. HA! ;) :rolleyes: ;D

Here's the last post for a few days. The family and I are headed down to Galveston for a few days and enjoy some fun in the sun. I've yet to master the art of sand castles and will once again try to find the elusive mix that make sand flow like concrete. ;D

A little helpful advice that it took me till the 3rd one of these to figure out. :banghead: The decals go into the intakes much easier if it's done before final assembly. The fuselage is together and PSR will start on the 4th when we get back.
Toad-- they're looking right at you!
   Eddie

Look behind you!

SimonR

Looking good Eddie, be great to see the Rhino in vintage trim. Maybe add some vintage stores for the further confoundment of the audience. Are yellow helmets allowed in the USN?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

John Howling Mouse

I used the magnification button on my mouse: wow----those patches are insanely well done for that size.
Here I was, all proud of myself for putting on the occassional blotch of a yellow or red rectangle as a shoulder-board on some pilots.  Phew, you must've been wearing the OptiVisor on this one!   :bow:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Will we be seeing old school yellow flash abundant or will the hooded reaper n scythe be in the works?

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on June 29, 2008, 12:38:35 PM
I used the magnification button on my mouse: wow----those patches are insanely well done for that size.
Here I was, all proud of myself for putting on the occassional blotch of a yellow or red rectangle as a shoulder-board on some pilots.  Phew, you must've been wearing the OptiVisor on this one!   :bow:

With my dollar store reading glasses on under my goggles as well and a brush with about 3 bristles. :o By the way, I'm at the beach havin' a blast! Yeehaw!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: SimonR on June 29, 2008, 10:23:04 AM
Looking good Eddie, be great to see the Rhino in vintage trim. Maybe add some vintage stores for the further confoundment of the audience. Are yellow helmets allowed in the USN?

Vintage store will be the order of the day. I looked a back at older photos from the 142 and they did use yellow helmets. ;D
    Eddie
Look behind you!