VF-142 Super Hornet

Started by Eddie M., June 23, 2008, 08:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

You paint work rocks, Eddie! This one makes me think of the W.W. II North Atlantic scheme.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Taiidantomcat

Hands down the coolest Super Hornet i have ever seen.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

Good God Eddie, that's looking sharp.   :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rafael

Awesome!!!

The shark disguise is just right for this predator-looking fighter. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Thank you Gentlemen! I'm taking this on at a measured pace because I want this one to be worthy of the gift that it is.
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Once again at your feet, my master :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

STS,
  You're praise is humbling, considering the "Oh Sh*t" I just found. :banghead: Apparently, I didn't use enough tape to keep the gloss coat from seeping through to the canopy. I had to pry it off and hopefully because I dipped it Future first, all of the yucky stuff will fall away with a soak on Windex, no harm, no foul. If not, it's the dreaded sanding with fine to finer grits sand paper to remove the offending gunk, then dip in Future again and wake up as if this was all a bad nightmare. I just noticed we don't have a Pray to God emoticon. Too bad. ;D
Look behind you!

Ed S

Eddie, if you coated the canopy with Future, you should be able to avoid any sanding and polishing.  You can use Windex (or similar window cleaner). Just soak the canopy with Windex and it will take the Future and any acrylic paint off.  It will even remove the Future under enamel and the enamel paint will lift off as well.

Good luck.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Joe C-P

Quote from: Rafael on August 03, 2008, 05:29:47 AM
Awesome!!!

The shark disguise is just right for this predator-looking fighter.

Rafa

Absolutely agree with that assessement. I love that colour scheme!  :wub:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Eddie M.

If the man or men or people who invested Future ever knew how much they've saved my beehind.... The nastiness fell away and I can re-dip in future and be on my way. Here's how the paint work looks today. I've tried to transfer as much of the scheme from the Tomcat as possible and this is what I've got so far. -_-
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Man I am glad the canopy worked out. I love that paintjob. Next time you get to the LHS get some liquid mask. You will never use tape on a canopy again. :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

Yowsa!!! That paint work is sharp as a tack, Eddie! They should use this beauty on a Navy recruiting poster!!!

Outstanding!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

HOG

Hiy Eddie,

I don`t know what I`m looking at as its a jet and all I know about modern jets is that they is noisey but I do know that I like what I`m looking at lots :blink:

cheers
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Damian2

Holy heck that's good looking!!!

On a side note I was compling my what-ifs on my spread sheet (yes I'm a geek) and I see you've chosen the colours I was going to use on my SA Navy planes. Looks sweet!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Leigh

Very tasty, I love the simple stuff always looks "just right". For the HUDs and the like have you thought about working with wire or spare bits from photo-etch sprues? I find it easier to bend one piece of thin brass than assemble three pieces of styrene on that fiddly stuff.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models