31 Sqn RAF RF-4 Phantom

Started by bexwh773, June 28, 2008, 04:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bexwh773

Thank you for the kind comments Gang  :thumbsup:  Ive tinkered with my title again, you guys like?  Adopting you two, well it would be a challenge and Im sure we'd cope, but you wouldnt wanna live here, modelling stuff is way too expensive  >:(  

That ceiling is our Dining Room  :wub:  Running out of airspace though  :o  In place the Lunatics DO run the asylum :lol:

Hmmm a poiple X Wing, I like that, but I think Lou would say "Not enough Pink" :lol:

Anyways, Im orf to bed, more Phantom photos tomorrow (Wednesday)

Bex
Becky aka Bex

sotoolslinger

Sleep well, Mom :wub:
She said big wood :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

Nice X-wing, Bex and as for your new member title, well it never hurts to beat us to the punch!
:lol:
Brian da Basher

bexwh773

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 23, 2008, 01:44:51 AM
Bex and as for your new member title, well it never hurts to beat us to the punch!
:lol:
Brian da Basher

Brian, if you can think of a better one then go for it  :thumbsup:
Small update, Port wing decalled completely topside, started on Port fuselage & EMI Pod is completed.
Thanks for looking

Bex

Becky aka Bex

Ed S

Looking good Bex.  I like the shark mouth on the pod.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

bexwh773

Thanks Ed  :thumbsup:  Once Ive finished the Sideys Im going to do a dry fit of all the underside stores so I'll nab some photos of it, hopefully it will look even better together  :wub:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

kitnut617

Nice Phantom Bex  :thumbsup:

I've always wondered why the RAF didn't buy F-4E's when they bought up those few S's just after the Falklands, I'd of thought the gun in place would have been a bonus for down there.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

bexwh773

Thanks Kitnut  :thumbsup:  Why they went for the J's I have no idea, Id have thought the integral nose gun would have been better  :huh:

Sidewinders now done on a home made lolly stick pair of rails :lol:
Thanks for looking
Bex

Becky aka Bex

Brian da Basher

I see you really did have a "spare mouth" laying around! Looks great and I really like your detail painting on the Sidewinders!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Wow very cool. :wub: How do you paint stripes on missles so straight :huh: :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

bexwh773

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 23, 2008, 03:27:57 PM
Wow very cool. :wub: How do you paint stripes on missles so straight :huh: :blink:

The missle head is matt black and is done with masking tape, but the yellow & black bands are decals  :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments Gang :bow:  :bow:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

Rafael

Hola, Bexy!!!

Glad to find this beautiful Phantom here!!!

The camo and markings look great, and as I said, your use of wood chips here and there, ad much to this build.

Gorgeous!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

Yep, those added shark mouths are the best....STS and I might just have to pinch that idea (of course, his will end up being purple, orange and lime green).

Keep it coming, Bex.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

GTX

That pod is good enough by itself - hurry up and finish the rest.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

bexwh773

Thanks for the great response everyone  :thumbsup:  JHM & STS, so which idea are you thinking of pinching then?

Greg, I know its taking a while, but, Ive got most of the decals done port side, apart from the nose area. Until I get the Sqn Markings I cant do the underside fuselage or fit the stores  :banghead:  ont get much of it done today, as Ive got to finish a Vulcan for delivery tomorrow  :o

Bex
Becky aka Bex