What are you planning to build?

Started by anthonyp, June 28, 2008, 08:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Sounds interesting Lee - wasn't it Rhodesia who had the roundels with the Spear in them?  :ph34r:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

darkwolf29a

I'll have to enter my first What build here. :) SOunds like fun. :D

I have a few parts lying around from 144th scale F-20, F-15, F-16XL, and a Whole other F-16XL. I must plot and plan now..

Mwhahahahahaha     :wacko:

Ed S

Quote from: nev on June 30, 2008, 01:10:17 PM

For the sake of your sanity, I would recommend that you don't try and build the Airfix TSR2 in a week ;)  I'd love to see your take on a DP Eagle mind.

Nev, what is wrong with the Airfix kit.  What should I be expecting?

"DP Eagle"  I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to here?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Daryl J.

The vote came in and, by a landslide victory of 1 - 0, it's the Albatros D.V PunkParasol, possibly with spats. 

Proposed changes to the Eduard 1/48 kit:    Conversion to a strutted parasol in Fokker D.VIII fashion, supercharged, intercooled, revised jaguar skin interior with possible conversion to a computerized cockpit, added metal skinning here and there.  Natural wood longerons may be added with some leather wrap arounds if I choose to have the aft fuselage in heavily grey weathered wood.    Additional engine mods may follow too.   No gear work to be seen as that part of the steampunk genre interests me not in the slightest.

Alas, there was no carbon fibre decal material available at the hobby shop yesterday so that may disappear as a materials choice although some Tamiya Bronze and Titanium Silver were purchased.   Overall color to be variations of natural metal and wood, both fresh and heavily weathered.

Likelyhood of completion is better than good too.   I took a job out of town that begins tomorrow which means a fair bit of hotel time within the allotted GB schedule.  I think the total project time should be about 10-15 hours as there will be rigging only for the tail control surfaces and a criss cross  between the landing gear.

The back up plan if there is a parts disaster:    A steam powered floating lighthouse/signal bouy to serve as a course marker for some early over water air race.

First photos of 'naked' plastic to be July 4.

Daryl J., getting ready for this on the American West Coast.

cthulhu77

A horribly disfigured and unlikely F-14 in 1/48th.

nev

Quote from: Ed S on July 01, 2008, 11:31:29 AM
Nev, what is wrong with the Airfix kit.  What should I be expecting?

"DP Eagle"  I'm not sure I understand what you are referring to here?

Ed

DP = Desert Pink.  Eagle is believed to be the name the TSR2 would have been assigned in service.

As for the Airfix kit, fit can be an issue ;)  There's plenty of builds on here, even a TSR2 GB when the kit came out.  Check a few of them out if you want to go through with it - they'll give you the advice on the pitfalls.  There was even a stickied thread by The Wooksta going through them.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

puddingwrestler

Oh nothing much, just a Civilianized pimped-out custom schwimmwagen.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

PanzerWulff

I'll either do a Egyptian F-15C or a Japanese MirageIII in F-104 markings bolth in 1/48
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Spey_Phantom

well, for starters, i plan to make a Belgian Hawker Fury.
i read that the Fairey Firefly (biplane) was actually meant for the RAF, but lost the competition to the fury because it was constructed out of wood rather then metal. but the plane got actually build, specially for the Belgian Army.
i thought, what if Fairey had discontinued the Firefly, and belgiam was kinda forced to buy the Fury.

so yeah, a Belgian Fury it is  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

DaFROG

work insanity permiting I will be attempting not 1 but 4 F22 variants (well one of them may end up being a JASDF mitsubishi ATD-X)
I think i wil leave one stock but australian, one will be a satelite killer (insano super big satelie killer missile and strap on rockets to get it up to something like 30000 metres)
that leaves one more...hmmmm........ bugger it SU27/Mig29 style heheehhehe
did i mention the foundation for this lunacy will be the incredibly detailed and awesomely awesome in generall Revell mini kits  :o :blink: :party: :drink: :cheers: :thumbsup: :blink: :wacko: :wacko: :unsure: :angry:

nev

B777LR

Not sure, might do a Luftwaffe Harrier GR5. Or a Polikarpov whatitsname something doubledecker in pakistani colours...

Weaver

Sort-of Northrop N-300 from the Matchbox CF-116 (F-5B) kit. N-300 was an F-5E-based study with a shoulder wing and fuselage-mounted u/c: there's a 3-view in American Secret Projects. I realised last night that the way this kit goes together, whilst not condusive to my original purpose for it, actually makes the N-300 easy to do (I think.....).

Not sure on colours - it's got Canadian aggressor markings, but there are far too many Canadians about ( ;D) and alternative Norwegian ones. Might use the latter but with an overall green scheme & weapons instead of the intended NMF.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PanzerWulff

Quote from: PanzerWulff on July 02, 2008, 08:31:36 AM
I'll either do a Egyptian F-15C or a Japanese MirageIII in F-104 markings bolth in 1/48
"Panzer"
sorry guys I'll have to build these later I just had no time to do any building this week so I'm S.O.L. for this years 1WGB I love some of the ones I have seen so far keep going guys
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!