This board is getting ridiculous

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 30, 2008, 05:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

Ridiculouly friendly that is!

First, as I already mentioned, a few weeks ago Zac sent me an Airfix Lancaster and Revell Hurricane all the way from NZ just because I got a Monty Python joke.

Then a short time later I posted that I had ordered my first resin kit from Hannants, along with some other odds and ends.  Next thing I know I get a PM from Narses offering to add any future Hannants orders to his monthly order so that I could avoid there minimum order policy (which can sometimes make overseas orders a bit pricey).

Then today I get home from work to find a small packet from England waiting for me.  I wasnt expecting anything this size, so I was a bit puzzled.  Turns out it was from Aircav, who apparently picked up on my comment a few weeks ago that I would be up for Trevor's proposed Handley Page GB is I could ever find an Airfix kit of my beloved Jetstream.  So what does Steve do?  Out of the blue he sends me an airfix Jetstream!!

This has got to be the friendliest, most generous board in cyberspace!

:cheers:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

pyro-manic

I'm only new, but I've found this as well. Seems to be a great crowd here.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Damian2

That's why I'm so happy to be back here!!

You guys ROCK!!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Aircav on June 30, 2008, 05:18:47 PM
Glad you got it ok Nick  :cheers:

;D

Funny you should say that Steve.  The front had been stamped "Missent to Barbados"!!  So apparently they have enough stuff sent to Barbados by mistake that they have a rubber stamp for it!!  

Aircav

Wish I'd gone with the parcel now, could of done with a couple of weeks in Barbados  ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

The Rat

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 01, 2008, 05:35:53 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 30, 2008, 05:06:32 PM
... an airfix Jetstream!! ...

Some people could kill for that kit :thumbsup:

How do you think Steve got it? The body was recycled into Twiglets, noone noticed.  :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 01, 2008, 05:35:53 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 30, 2008, 05:06:32 PM
... an airfix Jetstream!! ...

Some people could kill for that kit :thumbsup:

I was getting close to that point.  Steve may have saved me from a lengthy spell as a guest of the government!

Shasper

Dude I share your sentiments, Back in the day Steve (Aircave) was kind enough to pickup a TSR for me (thx again mate!) & I've had many others who have gone out of there way for myself on occasion without asking for any compensation - one reason why I prefer dealing with you lot instead of those elsewhere ;)

(Btw Aircav, did you ever get that Gumbo mix I sent way back when?)

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Gary

easily this is the best forum on the web for builders. I don't know that it's becasue we're all mildly insane. I think it has to do with the fact that we don't subscribe to the "I'm the best" theory of trying to compete with each other. We encourage all to do our collective best and the healthy sense of humour helps. I also like the fact that that there are some really smart guys here who know their stuff and won't pause to share their knowledge. I ask lots of questions due to my ignorance or a desire to gather opinions and again, the sharing is wonderful. One chap who I would like to single out is Capt. Canada. Todd noticed a few years back that I was going through a rough patch in my life, and the next thing I know, I get a fantastic CF-104, with photo etch and reference photos. Nothing lifted me more than knowing I had a friend like that who without asking or any want for return, offered a chunk of his stash to make a buddy feel good. I have yet to tackle the 104 for fear that my skills won't match the sentiment I feel for that gift. It will get done when I feel ready, but she'll have a slight twist to display my friendship for Todd.
Getting back into modeling

sotoolslinger

I must agree, I have had personal messages from members saying how glad they were that I joined.  A few weeks ago the famous model whisperer Eddie M. arranged to send me one of his unfinished projects with the instructions to do with it as I will. What an honor to be able to work on one of his projects.
A certain Canadian Rodent found out I wanted to do a model of a profile that I had seen here but I could not afford one of the kits due to my trashed knee keeping me from work.I got a message recently that that kit was in the mail to me ;D :wub: :bow:
I am proud and honored to be associated with the whole lot of ya'll.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Patrick H

it is indeed the best board on the web. Although I am a member of many diffrent boards, I never post there. Only here can you find so much friendship as well as people letting you do what you want to do and encourage that.

That's one of the reasons I came back a while ago. Just glad to be back,  although it is getting a bit more serious since the first time around  ;D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for all members here.

:cheers:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Aircav

Quote from: Shasper on July 01, 2008, 05:20:10 PM
(Btw Aircav, did you ever get that Gumbo mix I sent way back when?)

Shas 8)

Yes thanks and it was very nice too  ;D :thumbsup:

Sir Sydney Camm

lancer

Just to echo the sentiments that have already been aired here, but the people on this site are some of the finest on the planet bar none! I have had friends here help me out with things and kits over the last couple of years as I have been going through a rough patch that makes a hurricane force storm look mild. It's really an amazing place with amazing people.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die