This board is getting ridiculous

Started by AeroplaneDriver, June 30, 2008, 05:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

The generosity, kindness and comraderie of What-If members is completely without par. I've been overwhelmed by the generosity many fellow whiffers have shown me, particularly Mr Howling Mouse, Sotoolslinger, Mr Fontaine, HOG, kitnut, Thorvic, Martin and Wooksta. I've tried to pass the good karma along to others, but I feel my efforts pale in comparison.

You guys are the best!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Strange you should pick-up on this this evening, Nick. I got a packet this morning containing two copies of Military Modelling from our very own Nev; over on Britmodeller I posted a query about Crusader tanks.... quick-as-a-flash Nev responded that he would post a couple of mags he'd used to build his.

As you say indicative of the folks who populate this place.

Thanks Nev  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Rafael

I have the honor of being a registered whifer.
I have the privilege of sharing in this place with you all.

I also have been the object of such outstanding generosity. I am at a loss for words to thank those of you who have parted with pieces of your stashes and sent them to a complete stranger here in my third world's neck of the woods, despite the horrible delays imposed by my national mail services .

And for those who have given me a word of relief in tough times.

And for those who find the time to send a reference, or an answer to a question I made.

I live in a place where modelers are scarce and scattered. Most of them I've known are, simply put, JMNs for whom my work is worthless. Here, I can share the joy of imagining and crafting crazily my wildest dreams in plastic of whatever junk I throw in (Cardboard, Yum!!!).

For all that, and much more, because I'm alone here, and you're the only ones I can count on to share on what I like the most in the world, I thank you, and will have you in my heart forever.

Un gran abrazo,

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Aircav

Well , I for one love seeing your cardboard creations Rafa, they just don't know what they are missing  :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 02, 2008, 01:10:59 PM
Strange you should pick-up on this this evening, Nick. I got a packet this morning containing two copies of Military Modelling from our very own Nev; over on Britmodeller I posted a query about Crusader tanks.... quick-as-a-flash Nev responded that he would post a couple of mags he'd used to build his.

As you say indicative of the folks who populate this place.

Thanks Nev  :thumbsup:

Ian

No problem mate.  I've actually got a copy of MMI somewhere as well with an article on the Tamiya Crusader built in the scheme you were on about, only it wasn't in the folder it should have been  :banghead:

Anyway, I'm going to add dear old Thorvic into the mix here.  No-one better at finding you a kit you might have off-handedly said you were after - even if he has to buy it himself first, or supply it out of his own stash  :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

cthulhu77

Can you feel the love?  Yep, this is a great group of extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY) talented modelers who also have the guts to have fun without a bunch of rules and regulations.

You all are the pirates of the modeling world, and I am just happy to tag along !

:cheers:

Greg

sotoolslinger

AAAAARRRRR , You have a womens post ;D Sorry I just got the first 2 seasons of of Black Adder ;D  :wub: :wub:  And I like it firm and fruity :party: Is that a canoe in my pants or am I just glad to see you. DOWN BOY ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Aircav

Black Adder's hit Texas, it'll never be the same  :thumbsup:....................hmm...........Black Adder aircraft........
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

SlackBladder plays the AstroDome..... I never thought I'd live to see the day !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

pyro-manic

Major kudos to JSchmus, who is generously posting me a couple of GBU-12s from the States.  :cheers:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Damian2 on June 30, 2008, 05:21:02 PM
That's why I'm so happy to be back here!!

You guys ROCK!!!

hmm, wondered where you had gotten too!  :thumbsup:

:tank: this is a loverly site, even with the twigglets!  :tank:

far too many nice people here.

still there are plenty who remember this site when not so many folk were on it, but there you are.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Eddie M.

I must add my feelings as well. Not too long ago Jeffry sent me a box of goodies that goes beyond compare and of course Baz and BdaB have shared with me from their stash selflessly. You guys are great! ...and I promised myself I wouldn't cry......:) The talent here is unparalleled. Be it cardboard to plastic or story writing to profiles. It's all here. We are the round table of the modeling world! Cheers!
Look behind you!

GTX

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 02, 2008, 05:30:58 PM
AAAAARRRRR , You have a womens post ;D Sorry I just got the first 2 seasons of of Black Adder ;D  :wub: :wub:  And I like it firm and fruity :party: Is that a canoe in my pants or am I just glad to see you. DOWN BOY ;D

I've got all 4 seasons - the final is my fav!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Hey Gary...I love you too, man !

:wub:

Of course he's leaving out all the stuff he does for me. Opening up his home for a nice dinner when I was away from my own family, picking me up at the Halifax Airport during a layover for a tour of the museum, taking me to his LHS....Christmas prezzies and other surprises. My 'own' RCN decals etc. etc.

There are far to many people on this board who deserve recognition. By far and away the best place on the web, just a great experience. And people think we are all a bunch of model geeks. Couldn't ask for a better bunch.

Cheers to you guys !

:wub: :cheers: :drink: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sequoiaranger

I've seen it posted here occasionally, but have yet to catch on as to its meaning.

Don't leave me in the dark---I have spent way too much time there already!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!