Tanguy et Laverdure: a half-RW project

Started by ysi_maniac, July 02, 2008, 10:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

When I was 10 years old or so, eons ago, I enjoyed very much watching the TV seriers. Every chapter showing flying Mirage III :wub: My mother gave me two comic books as Christmas present too. So this project will involve some nostalgia.
May the french members of this forum give us more information as I have seen some notes about a film with Mirage 2000 and an updated version 'Team Rafale' or so.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanguy_et_Laverdure

Well, the styrene: Tamiya 1/100 Mirage IIIC (a little gem) and Heller 1/100 Super Mystere B2 (a little crap). Both will be in fly attitude.
Will die without understanding this world.

Hman

oh yes...http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20354.0.html

Can't wait to see this :thumbsup:

I understand that the original Tv series is available in France.

If you do an image search in google, you often find copies of the art work etc.

I wish I still had my Annual! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Buck Danny also would also provide so good build ideas.

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

John Howling Mouse

Cool!  I never realized that the recent live action film "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" was based on your comic/TV series.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Hman

ysi_maniac

sotoolslinger

Those are both neat aircraft. :wub: Looking forward to seeing these finished :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

ysi_maniac

ysi_maniac

IMO it is interesting and instructive to compare the lines of this two aircrafts from the same manufacturer but different generations.

Ed S

Nice.  These finished up well.  Good looking models.

:cheers:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ysi_maniac

BlackOps

Very nice! Glad to see these finished  :thumbsup: They really do go well together.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Aircav

Looking at your Mirage III it takes me back to my youth when I use to build the Airfix and Matchbox 1/72 Mirage III's, thanks for reminding me of the memory  :thumbsup:
BTW your Super Mystere and Mirage IIIC look great  :wub: :cheers: :bow:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Hman

Brian da Basher

At first I mis-read it as "Tanqueray" and started thinking very dry martinis, even if Bombay Sapphire is the better choice, but I digress.

Carlos, once again you show us your incredible skill and talent with these beauties! Few can build them as slick and clean as you!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

ChernayaAkula

Ah, Avions Marcel Dassault - taking "sexy" to the air since the 1950's!  :bow:

That's a stunningly beautiful duo! :wub:

I got the latest comic for Christmas last year - "Operation Opium". Very nice comic with cool drawings and a neat story. :thumbsup:

Ah, regarding the recent "Sky Fighters" film. If you can, get the two-disc special edition with the short-film (26 mins) "Bal des Aigles", revolving around French fighter pilots flying Mirage 2000s and Alpha Jets. It features footage from the film as well as footage that didn't make it into the film, set to some very cool music. Only the aircraft - no actors or text from the film!

The full short-film is now available on YouTube, broken up into six parts.
Enjoy!

CLIP 1
CLIP 2
CLIP 3
CLIP 4
CLIP 5
CLIP 6

In my eyes, some of the best air-to-air footage ever filmed for a movie! :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?