Profiles GB - Build 1 French Mig-21

Started by Damian2, July 02, 2008, 03:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Hi All!!

I got the last of the clean up and PSR done tonite so tomorrow's the big day! Yes its paint day! Now I haven't airbrushed a kit for the better part of the last 9 to 10 months so tomorrow will definitley be interesting to say the least...

Oh well just go to remember that I'm in this to have FUN!!! So here we go with the last of the nude pics!

1. MiG-21AL and the stores load L to R: AS.30L, gasbag with flight refuelling probe, chaff pod, standard gasbag, ECM pod (Barracuda?)

2. Last over view shot :)

Well kepp everything crossed for tomorrow!!

D

ps. comments and crits always welcomed!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

BlackOps

I concur, looking great Damian! It's kinda cool seeing what my kit should look like before I build it ;)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Damian2

Hi All!

Spent a loooong day painting as I'm only working tonite :)

1. Sprayed the cockpit black...

2. The green bits green...

3. Steel bits steel...which i've had to hand re-paint as the MM metaliser lifted like a ho...

4. Got the grey underside down with lightened weathered spots

5. And the free handed the top two colours, please note Richard's profile is my inspiration and not a strict painting guide because

1. I paint in the lounge with the PC in the bedroom; and
2. uuumm I'll get back to you

Tomorrow is clear coating day and then Saturday is decaling day :)

As always comments and crits welcome but please go easy on my paintjob as this is the first airbrushing in ages :)

D

Ian the Kiwi Herder

That would be the gauntlet thrown, then  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Looks niiiiiiiiiiiiice! :wub: :thumbsup:

I saw this kit the other day and I think that I am just going to give it a go!

It looks like it was quite a nice build!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Damian2

Hi All!!

Got my decalling done yesterday and moved on to complete the weathering of the airframe today. So between studying Nav Plotting and working on the kit I give you the following pics!

1. Decls done!! Phew only botch two on this one so its a damn record for me!! The chosen sqn markings are for E.C. 03-03 "Ardennes" in 1987

2. Close up of the boar's head tail art.

3. Another over view shot...

4. Top side weathering done...

5. Close up of the weathering done...

6. Bottom doen too :)

7. And a close up :)

Next will be the flat coat to seal it all in and weathering the stores. After that its trying to mount the sucker on a pole for display! :)

As always crits and comments most welcomed!

D

ps. IF you build this as a real world A/c do yourself a favour and get aftermarket decals as the Academy ones are CRAP I think you'd have to use white glue to get them to stay on the bloody thing. Thankgaod all I used were some minor stencils. As for the Heller decals, they we commendably thin but quite a few were out of register.

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

I second AD! :thumbsup: Stunning!

Are the wings a bit droopy?

Damian2

Brian da Basher

That's some outstanding work on the undersides, D2! I don't think I've ever seen better.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Something I can only dream of doing a project that well. Outstanding!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Well I'm sure you are embarrased by this model so I will be PM'ing you my address since I'm sure you will not want to keep it.
Seriously.. that's your first try at freehand airbrushing in a while....you overtalented (expleted deleted)
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 19, 2008, 04:32:47 PM
Well I'm sure you are embarrased by this model so I will be PM'ing you my address since I'm sure you will not want to keep it.
Seriously.. that's your first try at freehand airbrushing in a while....you overtalented (expleted deleted)
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ahem,  if you'd be so kind as to review the original build thread within the Profiles GB section, you'll see that I already have dibs on this fine model.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.