F4U-Mk II "Bloody Death"

Started by Eddie M., July 03, 2008, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

This one is going to be a slight bash with the Revell F4U-4 and some bits left over from the Spitfire Mk 38. Until the official start time, might I interest you in some chess and crabs at sunrise? :o :lol:

We were down in Galveston and I took my fledging 8yr old chess player downtown to play on the big board. As you can see, she's already taken my Bishop. :banghead: She ended up beating me. :o  Evan is just learning the game and has to start out like everyone else, as a pawn. ;D

I got a bad case of the Hermit crabs. Very uncomfortable. :rolleyes: ;D

Sunrise this morning. A good way to start the day, know the build would be starting soon!

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

That post totally made my day, Eddie! It looks like you and the family had a great vacation!

I have a feeling Evan would be able to checkmate me in about 2 1/2 moves.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Corsair. I just realized that I don't remember you whiffing that classic Navy bird in all the time I've been hanging around here.

Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Looks like you had a great time ,my friend , sorry about the crabs, I think you'll need a large comb to get rid of that one. ;D ;D By the way thanks for making my wife mad at me ,she loves Galveston ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 03, 2008, 06:52:16 PM
That post totally made my day, Eddie! It looks like you and the family had a great vacation!

I have a feeling Evan would be able to checkmate me in about 2 1/2 moves.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Corsair. I just realized that I don't remember you whiffing that classic Navy bird in all the time I've been hanging around here.

Brian da Basher

We had a great time. Before we left today, we went and saw an exhibit of Titanic artifacts. It was incredible that they were able to raise the things that they did, not to mention the model of the ship that I saw. Incredible x2.

I have not done the Corsair before because Zac had done it the way I would have and I wasn't able to find a reasonable priced unit to mash & bash. This one has all the bells and whistles. Articulating gear, gear doors, tailhook, etc.... I won't be fussing with all of that, but it will suit my purposes. ;D  Plus I didn't think I could cut     such a beautiful bird,but my therapy has gotten me to a point to where I finally realize it's only a piece of plastic. I have to keep telling myself that over and over...... :lol: :drink:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 03, 2008, 07:13:56 PM
Looks like you had a great time ,my friend , sorry about the crabs, I think you'll need a large comb to get rid of that one. ;D ;D By the way thanks for making my wife mad at me ,she loves Galveston ;D

Will it help if I mail you some seashells? ;D
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

It would help more if I just mailed you my wife ;D
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 03, 2008, 07:25:04 PM
It would help more if I just mailed you my wife ;D

My wife of 13 yrs is all I can handle, thank you. ;) :D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Eddie's wife is only 13 years old?  Is that legal in Texas.

Anyhow, I'm tellin' ya: I coulda kicked that 8-yr-old's butt at chess!

Really, I coulda!

Oh, who am I kidding?

Nice sunset pic, Eddie.  Now, on with your build...less than three hourse to go (your time)...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

Oh, that's his second wife (the 13 year old)...his prime wife is 17.

Man, haven't seen crabs that big since I was in Cancun !  (yeah well, she was inexpensive)

Seriously, that looks like a fun time, and I can hardly wait to see the magic you work upon the Corsair...you can see our lips tremble with....

anticipation

sotoolslinger

How silly , everyone knows the age of consent in Texas is at least 13 1/2  and there is no way JHM could whup a 8 year old at chess ;D ;D
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 03, 2008, 08:05:49 PM
How silly , everyone knows the age of consent in Texas is at least 13 1/2  and there is no way JHM could whup a 8 year old at chess ;D ;D

Sir John could probably beat him at ...uh. Hmmm. Shoot.  Oh yeah ! Casting and having a larger model stash! ...and having Mrs. Hitler. (well, maybe Eddie's kid...)

Eddie M.

It's 0130 4 July CMT. Can I start now? Pretty Please?:D
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

You go, Sir !  I've been chopping and cutting for an hour already.

Eddie M.

I'm on it! I've got to get as much done as possible before we leave once again to a 4th of July party at my sister's place near Houston.

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Quote from: Eddie M. on July 04, 2008, 07:33:22 AM
I'm on it! I've got to get as much done as possible before we leave once again to a 4th of July party at my sister's place near Houston.

You know we will demand photos, right?