F4U-Mk II "Bloody Death"

Started by Eddie M., July 03, 2008, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Here are the wings. I'm a bit flummixed because I have to reverse engineer all the moving parts to make it easier for painting.
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Eddie M.

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 04, 2008, 10:04:00 AM
  No spats????

Sorry, no spats. I'm aware that cuts down on the coolness factor by 1000, but I really want to get done in the time I'm given.;)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Progress progresses. :rolleyes: The major wing transplant has been begun. I had a little extra time between glue and paint and made my seltbelts. I made the "buckles" out of .0022" wire. If I had been at work, I could have made the quick release type, with operating quick release.;) ;D
   Eddie

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Mouth hanging open, :o Yeah your just an idea man , no  building skills at all :rolleyes: sandbaggin bas.....oh never mind :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

yeah. he always builds the best...

Eddie M.

The wings and rhinoplasty are done. I had to cut 10 styrene disks to make the laminated nose extension. Had to do it to balance out the wide wings. I still may snip the tips.
    Eddie

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Brian da Basher

Eddie, you're a genius! The subtlety of this is just brilliant! I love how you extended the cowling to balance out the Spitfire wings. Any chance you'll also make use of the Spitfire prop and spinner on this too?
:bow:
Brian da Basher

BlackOps

Heck, I'm just thinking how happy that Hermit Crab is going to be when you finish his new ride  ;D   

As Brian said, this is very subtle and really will get a lot of double takes if it keeps it's current shape, but I've learned never to second guess Eddie until it's done!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Awwww, Eddie, my main man: don't know how to break it to you gently but you're goin' about this all WRONG, buddy.   :o
You're supposed to build up some internal dumba** structure out of bits and pieces of horribly over-engineered styrene so that you can spend at least 15 months
trying to make the durned thing work.  This "pump-out-a-masterpiece-in-a-day" thing is just so, uh, efficient and practical.   :rolleyes:

Aw, heck.  My wife says I can borrow her embroidery machine which is even easier than resorting to the proverbial knitting needles as this machine does all the work for you.

I remain:   :bow:  (humble like the dust at your feet, Master)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you all very much! This is the final shape. I thought of clipping the wings, but It would erase the Spitfire influence. Maybe I will start paint tomorrow. :)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Gorgeous as usual. I wouldn't clip the wings ,but definitely use the prop and spinner from the Spit. Check your messages I'm sending you an image so I won't hijack the thread ;D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 06, 2008, 07:00:05 AM
Gorgeous as usual. I wouldn't clip the wings ,but definitely use the prop and spinner from the Spit. Check your messages I'm sending you an image so I won't hijack the thread ;D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for the advice. I'll see if a Spitfire spinner will work. Right now I'm dealing with a bad fit of the can o' peas. Believe me, that's how it fits! :banghead:
Look behind you!

Daryl J.