What the boss is doing

Started by nev, July 04, 2008, 06:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

I shall be using one of these

to make something that looks like this ;)

Which will be one of my entries in the Profiles GB, since as mod it will be ineligable for this GB.

I'm away now till Sunday evening, so I'll see you all then ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

Not a lot to show, but a lot of PSR to get to this point.  Since had 2 coats of white primer, Appliance White goes on underneath this afternoon.  Gull grey hopefully this evening  :thumbsup:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Overkiller on July 08, 2008, 05:21:46 AM
Quote from: nev on July 08, 2008, 04:36:25 AM
Looks good so far Nev, this may well be heresy amongst some folks here but I love Dassault designs.

You are right Duncan, Dassault fighters, from SMB2 to Rafale, are some of the best looking aircrafts even flown. :wub: :wub: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

nev

Quote from: Overkiller on July 08, 2008, 05:21:46 AM
I built the Italeri Mirage 2000D last year (SAAF bird, quelle suprise), it's a bit of a putty hog, lots of PSR!

You think that's bad, you should try the Airfix/Heller monstrosity!  :banghead: :banghead:

Quotethis may well be heresy amongst some folks here but I love Dassault designs.

Not at all - their deltas are things of beauty.  The F1 on the other hand - its not just ugly, it doesn't look like its any good either

cthulhu77

Here in the west, there is some sort of weird prejudice towards other country's designs...ridiculous. The deltas produced by Dassault are amongst the best aircraft in the world.

Weaver

Quote from: cthulhu77 on July 08, 2008, 12:56:05 PM
Here in the west, there is some sort of weird prejudice towards other country's designs...ridiculous. The deltas produced by Dassault are amongst the best aircraft in the world.

Ahem  - Dassault IS in the West...... Going to be interesting the day that some Mirage 2000s go up against some F-16s on equal terms.....

I like Dassault's designs too (I even like the F1, but I draw the line at the Super Etendard...), I just don't like Dassault..... :wacko:

Nice project, Nev!  You could maybe see the Japanese going for this if they'd cancelled their F2 project after all the trouble they had with it... :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

QuoteAhem  - Dassault IS in the West......

Which of course raises an interesting prospect  - what if Dassault somehow became Soviet?  Soviet Mirages anyone?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

You can have any colour as long as its Light Gull Grey

And let me just state, for the record, that I find airbrushing enamels much easier than acrylics......  :dalek:

Brian da Basher

You're well on the way towards completing another of your JASDF beauties, Nev! Hinomorus will look stunning on that paintwork!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

nev

Thanks Brian.  OK decals on.  I've basically got tonight to get it done for various reasons - panel line wash, dangly bits, flat coat.....

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Patrick H

:wub: :wub: :wub: There 's something about Delta's that make them look so much better.

And this one is beautifull Nev.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

John Howling Mouse

You are a master of decalling, Nev.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

What is it with Nev and his ability to do up these insanely beautiful Japanese schemes?