What the boss is doing

Started by nev, July 04, 2008, 06:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Quote from: B777LR on July 10, 2008, 01:40:34 PM
What is it with Nev and his ability to do up these insanely beautiful Japanese schemes?

My guess is he eats a lot of sushi.

Brian da Basher

nev

Quote from: B777LR on July 10, 2008, 01:40:34 PM
What is it with Nev and his ability to do up these insanely beautiful Japanese schemes?

I just copy what they come up with  :wub:

QuoteMy guess is he eats a lot of sushi.

Never ever tried it  :mellow:  Its more like I've spent hours trawling Japanese language websites for the thousands of pics stored on my hard drive ;)

As for the kit itself, dangly bits done, wash done.  Still needs a couple of touch ups and a flat coat - gunna be busy Sunday night, I'm off to Fairford now!  :cheers:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Very slick and credible-looking - nice one!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mike Wren

nev

Back from "RIAT"  :angry:

Just needs matt finish and canopies doing

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

OK, all done.  Insert generic What If backstory.

Mirage 2000 BJ (fnaar-fnaar) of 301 Hikotai, JASDF.

Mossie

Looks great Nev!  You haven't done a JASDF build that looks anything less than right.  Keep em coming mate!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ed S

Nice Mirage, Nev.  Simple and effective.  Very real looking.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

John Howling Mouse

Good enough to make the front cover of "Hobby Japan" Nev.   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

jcf

Banzai!!

Looks great Nev.

Jon

Captain Canada

I think Nev's turning Japanese I think Nev's turning Japanese I really think so.....

What a beauty ! With that black nose, that colour and the meatballs....perfect !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Absolutely killer, Nev! I really like your work on the burner can. What's your secret? Metal powders over a black/gunmetal base?
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Gary F

That looks really nice, Nev.  Saw the finished item in the Profile GB area and tracked it down here.  Very nice.

Gary F

nev

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 14, 2008, 01:14:55 PM
Absolutely killer, Nev! I really like your work on the burner can. What's your secret? Metal powders over a black/gunmetal base?
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Thanks Bryan.  I normally use Tamiya gunmetal, but for this I used Citadel Miniatures "Boltgun Metal" which is a similar colour.  Then I just give it a black wash to highlight the detail.  Very simple, but clearly effective (I actually get a lot of questions about how I've done my jetpipes so I must be doing something right!)

I didn't for this one, but I also sometimes give them a light drybrush with an aluminium and/or bronze colour.

Brian da Basher

Thanks for sharing your technique, Nev. I don't build jets very often, but when I do, getting the burner cans to look right can be challenging.

Brian da Basher