Main Menu
B

Harrier Mk 60

Started by B777LR, July 04, 2008, 07:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

That is too cool ! Love the camo.

The dio is looking really good as well. What did you use for the snow ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 07, 2008, 05:31:53 PM
That is too cool ! Love the camo.

The dio is looking really good as well. What did you use for the snow ?

:cheers:

Thanks, i used normal flour for the snow. And i keep it in place with glue :thumbsup:

Now, i'd bet most of you have never seen a Harrier armed with an AIM-7...

B777LR

BTW, i went sailing yesterday. We were narrowly missed by the f*cking biggest thunderstorm i have ever experienced in Denmark.

The storm:

nev

Word of warning with the flour - it yellows and goes mouldy and gets little insects running around in it.......
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: nev on July 08, 2008, 04:26:12 AM
Word of warning with the flour - it yellows and goes mouldy and gets little insects running around in it.......

Hasnt ever happened to any of my other dioramas ive done.  :huh: Then again, i coat it with a layer of clear paint, to give the impression of ice :thumbsup:

Weaver

Damn nice, and moving along far too fast...... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gary

You know, when I look at that I am kinda surprised that West Germany didn't adopt more tactical aircraft like the Harrier or the A-10. The Harrier especially, when you consider that all the airfields in Germany would have been priority targets. This critter just makes sense and looks right. Nicely thought out and done. I like it lots!
Getting back into modeling

Weaver

I've often thought that Britain spent much of the '50s and '60s making aircraft that would have been more appropriate for Germany than us, to be honest. Lightning (short-ranged, ultra-fast-climbing interceptor), Harrier (survivable CAS), Buccaneer (tac & naval strike - how much better off would the Marineflieger have been with Buccs?).....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

B777LR

Quote from: Weaver on July 08, 2008, 04:56:35 AM
(tac & naval strike - how much better off would the Marineflieger have been with Buccs?).....

Hmm, compared to the F-104? :lol:

cthulhu77

I also use flour for snow, with a light clear coat.  I do mix in a little bit of sulfazine (insect powder) with it though...just don't use the mix to make pretzels!!!!

nev

Quote from: Weaver on July 08, 2008, 04:56:35 AM
how much better off would the Marineflieger have been with Buccs?).....

They wanted 'em, but got 104s in the intrest of "commonality" ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

AeroplaneDriver

I use baking powder for snow.  It lays nicely and doesnt yellow or attract critters. 

Loving this diorama so far, but one question about the Sparrow...will the Harrier be carrying some kind of podded radar for guidance?  Since the Sparrow is semi-active is needs a carrier beam to ride to the target.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

B777LR

AD, wont the baking soda become very hot? Any chances it might melt the model?

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 08, 2008, 10:40:24 AM
Loving this diorama so far, but one question about the Sparrow...will the Harrier be carrying some kind of podded radar for guidance?  Since the Sparrow is semi-active is needs a carrier beam to ride to the target.

I figured that they might be able to shoehorn a small AESA radar into the nose... (might remove it, and extend it slightly)

Weaver

Could always put some black spots on the wings and claim it's an Active Skyflash.......

- Indiana Jones

Patrick H

Looking good, and you do build fast. I can't build 1 little kit in a week and you build a whole dio in that time; I bow my head for the fastest builder I know

:thumbsup:
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air