Main Menu

Northrop FA-5K

Started by Weaver, July 04, 2008, 11:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Weaver

Doesn't look much different, but all the PSR is done, the u/c bays and door insides are painted up, and it has a new cockpit coaming to hide the control panel a bit more.... ;D The pylon and arrestor hook attachment points are masked up and the Sidewinder rails are fitted. The canopy is masked up, but I have limited confidence in the cheapo masking tape, so I don't know whether I'll glue it on tonight and give it an under coat or not... :huh:

This is the store I was talking about, which, unfortunately, I can't photograph very well because I don't have a suitable lens. It's a countermeasures dispenser based loosly on the Wallop Masquerade, which is basically a CBLS (practice bomb carrier) loaded up with chaff and decoy cartridges instead. There are 21 pieces in this little puppy - am I mad?  :blink:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

John Howling Mouse

Mad?  More like crazy (as in "crazy like a fox")!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

cthulhu77

crazy in a great way !    :cheers:

Weaver

Bombed out on the rattle cans tonight, so...

If you can't win the game, change the rules: I was shopping for rattle cans because I didn't have an airbrush. To be precise, I did have an airbrush, but it was 20 years old, gummed up and missing bits, so as a last resort, I went into Hobbycraft to see if I could buy enough bits to get it going again. I couldn't, at least not for less than the price of a new airbrush, so....

I am now the proud and only slightly terrified owner of a new Badger 250, and some tins of paint that bloody well DO match that there boat...... ;D :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

cthulhu77

ooooh ! Love the 250 !

sotoolslinger

Me too , the Badger 250 was my second airbrush , you will love it. :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.

Weaver

The Fask is now in the paint shop with an initial undercoat of rattle-can white going on (and I am now going to have to buy some more).

A pox on white-plastic model kits! Every damn bit of grey putty is acting like pre-shading and showing through - going to take LOTS of coats of white before anything else goes on....

- Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Just a suggestion, but I'd try using a gray primer coat and then put the white over that. The gray should cover up the putty nicely and give you a nice starting point for the white top coat.

Brian da Basher

Amphion

I don't think the "white" in that camo-pattern is white, but rather a very light grey. If that helps any.  ;D
Amphion

Weaver

Couple more coats of white did the job, ta. Finish isn't the best, but the clock is ticking....

Here it is with it's destined-to-be-white bits masked off:

Next, a bit of airbrushing practice, and then a coat of stone, (gulp) and then a trip to the LMS for some more thinners... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Couple of coats of Light Stone with the airbrush:

- Indiana Jones

BlackOps

Looking good, I always love to see the transformation that comes at the painting stage of the build.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Weaver

Stone areas masked up. It's now in the paint shop with the first coat of topside grey drying. Not sure if the grey-over-stone is going to work or not, but it's too late to mess about now - running out of time! :o

- Indiana Jones