Main Menu

Su-34

Started by Sisko, July 04, 2008, 11:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

A good finish!  That camo is unique and inventive.   :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Sisko

Here are some more.

Check out the last one. This is the Su-34 beside a J-10 I built last year man this is one big aircraft.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

Quote from: Ed S on July 28, 2008, 06:35:15 AM
A good finish!  That camo is unique and inventive.   :thumbsup:

Ed

Thanks mate!

It nearly didn't happen :rolleyes:

Mossie

Beautiful scheme!  :wub: Is there a background to it, operational or special paint job?

I remember that PLAAF J-10, very nice it was too.  Yeah, the Flanker family are big & the wider nose of the Fullback adds to it's bulk.  I remember getting relatively close to a Su-27 at the long gone Finningley Air Show, the parking area for displaying aircraft was quite close to the car park.  I was amazed just how large it was, okay, you see the dimensions in books but it doesn't make up for standing next to the thing.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Holy Poo !

You really have a way of bringing out the best in a kit, doncha :thumbsup: Love the paint scheme, looks like something that Chris Foss used to create for Sci-Fi paperbacks in the seventies. Looking at it alongside the J-10 (not a small machine) it looks about the same size as an F-111.

Fantastic work, hope you're proud of that one - I would be !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Sisko

Thanks guys.

I didn't have any specific back story. I just had what I thought would be a cool scheme and I went from there. I chose some Mozambique markings because you could get away with something like this in that country.

Funnily enough I am a great fan of Chris Foss. Here is a model of a Chirs Foss inspired ship I did erlier this year.

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/siskothecat/Foss%20Ship/

Hobbes

Excellent!
The end result looks good, and  :bow: for the perseverance.

BlackOps

Once again, I'm sure glad your stubborn! That is a real beauty!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

pyro-manic

It came out really well, sisko! Well done for not giving up on it. That's a very striking colour scheme, and it looks great. :thumbsup:

Re: size of the Flanker, there was a series of photos in a magazine last year some time, showing Indian Su-30s flying with RAF Typhoons, which were absolutely dwarfed by the Flankers.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ysi_maniac

You GOT it :thumbsup:
a beauty  :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.

Hman

"Lusaka Tower, this is Green Leader..."

Sisko

Thanks for the positive feedback.

It's the motivation of this site that gave me the encouragement to persevere through a paint disaster that frankly would have normally seen this model in the box marked spares. :wacko:

Brian da Basher

Yowsa that tiger-stripe scheme is drop-dead sexy Sisko!!!
:wub: :wub:
This is proof positive that perseverance pays off!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

McGreig

Fantastic result  :wub: :bow: :bow:

It's a pity that you're about 8,600 miles away - I'd love to be able to put this in our Soviet Aircraft SIG display just to see the reactions we'd get. Another one for the "I wish I'd thought of that" list.
:cheers:

Sisko

Thanks!

I love making up my own aircraft schemes. It allows me a creative flair that you just don't get when you are slavishly following an instruction sheet. I model for the enjoyment and relaxation not to create a meusem piece out of every kit.

Not saying it isn't a noble pursuit, some of the talented models that create damn near life like models are amazing, a credit to their skill. It's just not for me.
And you know I havn't a single guy in my modelling club say anything negative about the fact that I can't following and instruction sheet painting guide. They are also in it for the love of modelling.

Aside form the drama I had with this one, painting is one of the things that I love about modelling.