Started by GTX, July 05, 2008, 11:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I think this could make for a cool diorama:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

I've got to build my An-124 someday.  When I do, I might get hold of three Revell 1/144 Pumas & do a scene somwhere between these two pics.  The Pumas fit in comfortably with room to spare!  Quite a nice scheme on them too.  The Pumas were transported as part of the Boxing Day Tsunami relief effort.

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

QuoteI've got to build my An-124 someday.  When I do, I might get hold of three Revell 1/144 Pumas

had something very similar planned for my An124  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

philp

Was going to do something similar with a C-5 only had seen a picture of F-5s packed on trailers to be shipped (Iran or South Vietnam, don't remember). Think there were 4-8 per load.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Watching a fire engine and an ambulance go in opposite directions up and down the A6 in Stockport gave me an idea. Suppose it was a narrow street: who would give way to whom?

You make the diorama with Oxford diecasts: a narrow street, two lines of parked cars, row of terraced houses as a backdrop, ambulance and fire-engine crews nose-to nose in the middle of the street in front of their respective vehicles, crowds of kids on both pavements. Caption: "A Confrontation for the Connoisseur"  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Quote from: Weaver on November 28, 2009, 07:34:24 PM
Watching a fire engine and an ambulance go in opposite directions up and down the A6 in Stockport gave me an idea. Suppose it was a narrow street: who would give way to whom?

You make the diorama with Oxford diecasts: a narrow street, two lines of parked cars, row of terraced houses as a backdrop, ambulance and fire-engine crews nose-to nose in the middle of the street in front of their respective vehicles, crowds of kids on both pavements. Caption: "A Confrontation for the Connoisseur"  ;D

Downunder, the Ambulance would have priority.  Life saving over property saving every time.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

lancer

I've actually built my AN124!!! It was meant for last years SMW but never got there. I also built a 144 KA52 to go with it as I wanted to put the helo onto a flatbed driving up the rear ramp, but I never could find any decent sized ground vehicles to go with it. So, unfortunately, I binned the project.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

Quote from: lancer on November 30, 2009, 03:13:15 PM
I've actually built my AN124!!! It was meant for last years SMW but never got there. I also built a 144 KA52 to go with it as I wanted to put the helo onto a flatbed driving up the rear ramp, but I never could find any decent sized ground vehicles to go with it. So, unfortunately, I binned the project.

I don't know of any 1/144 Soviet soft skin vehicles, but Matador Models do a number of 1/144 resin Albion lorries.  One has with a flatbed semi-trailer, there's a refueller, crane & as GS body.  It probably wouldn't take much to them look Soviet, in a Hollywood kind of way.
http://matadormodels.co.uk/yairfield5%20144%20ground/lists%20airfield%20144%20ground.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

thedarkmaster

Aparantly N gauge railway stuff is within a couple of inches, i believe its 1/140 or some such .
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Mossie

Depends, in the UK I think it's 1/148 scale so near as damn-it, Germany & most of Europe 1/160 scale & a wee bit of variation between them.  So it depends on whose products you buy as to what scale you get.  I had a quick look for N Guage stuff at the same time I posted the Matador stuff, couldn't find anything specific, but there are almost certainly N Gauge trucks about.

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

In the US:
N = 1/160th
HO = 1/87th
O = 1/43rd
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

Another idea that could be inspiring - need to get a BV222 model though:

Same aircraft - different angle:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on November 29, 2009, 12:54:00 AM
Quote from: Weaver on November 28, 2009, 07:34:24 PM

Downunder, the Ambulance would have priority.  Life saving over property saving every time.

Ah but the fire engine might be going to rscue people from a fire or from a serious rail accident, whilst the Ambulance may be on a non emegency run ? Difficult
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Oooh, Bv222 - read in a book on the SBS of a WW2 plan to destroy some that were moored up on a lake.  Would make a great diorama, Revell 222 and Airfix commando set :wacko:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May