mitsubishi northru(o)p/grumman blohm und voss ATD, VF/XF/YF/FA/F-22,4,7,9 -X,Y,Z

Started by DaFROG, July 06, 2008, 02:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Why bother with the hair dryer - use Tamiya Acrylics they dry so fast you can see it! (Which is a touch annoying cause they also dry on the brush if your too slow)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

DaFROG

completed entries now with backstory (TM)

first up the Su47, designed using data stolen from the F22 program.
This is the satelite intercept version with twin rocket boosters to improve rate of climb and ceiling.
It's carrying a 2 stage satelite killer missile
The model is an aircraft of the 7th space intercept division of the red banner northern airforce. There are special markings on the fins to comemerate the 90th aniversary of the october revolution.
here's some final pics before paint so you can see what bits i made (white plasticard and rod) and much much tamiya putty thing.

second: F22C satelite interceptor
Uprated F22 airframe with external tankage for LOX/LH2 propellants for the rocketdyne RS-86 engine added between the burners.

in retrospect the external tank (came from a 1/144 tornado) is proabbly a bit big, ahh well next time i'll make the plane bigger to fit it  ;D

third: RAAF F22A
extensive lobbying (and gifts of green and gold tracksuits) by prime minister howard resulted in a agreement to export the F22 to australia

(not much of a whif but I already had 2 sheets of lo vis 'roos for my RAAF RF4X)

I didn't have time to finnish the JASDF mitsubishi ATD-X it's al togehter and i cut off the burners with the intention of fitting starfury esq padels I also lost teh canopy (though it needs to be moded to look like the pics i can find)

Daryl J.

Neat mods!   And the comment on Tamiya Acrylics is highly agreed with, especially when their proprietary thinner is used.

Looking good there, guy.

Daryl J.

DaFROG

I actually used citadel paints for the Su47 (over a tamiya spray base coat) they go on nice and seem to self level well, i think it might fill detail but there was none on these kits  ;D
these were teh really old pop top citadel paints (the ones where you have to prise the lid oof then it bursts off spraying ultramarines blue all over teh cat :o), I'm not sure how good the lates ones are, the ones in my stash all dried out  >:(
the two F22's have tamiya IJN grey undersides but to get the paint on nice i had to apply heaps of really thin coats (my paints are all at least 6 years old though)
how does one get tamiya aqueous paint to behave on large areas?

Brian da Basher

Very nice work, Frog! I really like your detailing of the weapons and the camo scheme on the Soviet example.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

See and ya'll thought I put big weapons on my builds ;D :rolleyes: I love those things. Everything about them. I am very glad you posted pics cause I don't think I could see them in person. If I did I might hit them with a flyswatter ;D :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland