Main Menu
K

Vulcan at Waddington!

Started by K5054NZ, July 06, 2008, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

So. I'm gueesing no whiffers were at Waddo yesterday or today to see XH558's triumphant return to the display circuit, in formation with Lanc PA474?  :blink:

I'm deeply disappointed in you lot! Had I been in the UK I'd have gotten there come hell or high water to see her!  :unsure: ;)

Ah well, I'm sure you have proper ex-, i mean, reasons for not getting there! *winks*

Meantime, the SUPERLATIVE Key Publishing forum has AWESOME shots (and video) here (http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80207&page=30) and here http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=24. Enjoy!

Also, O/T but also very cool, the B-17 Liberty Belle has arrived in the UK after her epic transatlantic journey for Flying Legends. Well done!  :thumbsup:

nev

Quote from: K5054NZ on July 06, 2008, 04:52:26 PM
I'm deeply disappointed in you lot! Had I been in the UK I'd have gotten there come hell or high water to see her! 

You wouldn't have been far wrong there given the weather this weekend.

Anyway, I'll be at the RIAT this Saturday and will catch her there  :tornado:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Hobbes

Did that B-17 fly across? Or was that an "epic" boat journey?

van883

I was there yesterday....unfortunately the Vulcan had an electrical fault so what we got was a fast taxi with the nosewheel off the ground.
here is a pic out took-unfortunately I could pan and zoom out fast enough whilst staying in focus!

Van

B777LR

Quote from: Hobbes on July 07, 2008, 01:01:56 AM
Did that B-17 fly across? Or was that an "epic" boat journey?

Flew under own power. It made fuel stops in Greenland and Iceland.

Hobbes

Ed S

Quote from: van883 on July 07, 2008, 02:18:41 AM
I was there yesterday....unfortunately the Vulcan had an electrical fault so what we got was a fast taxi with the nosewheel off the ground.
here is a pic out took-unfortunately I could pan and zoom out fast enough whilst staying in focus!

Van

NICE!!

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Howard of Effingham

yawn! deeply boring yawn!

:tank: but i guess if you happen to like that sort of thing....... you did ok.  :tank:

the wheelie i saw [either '558 or '426] one of these do at the 1988 chivenor show was more impressive.  :thumbsup:

but at least it is flying again and up to enthusiasts like me and you to keep her flying. isn't it?

trevor
Keeper of George the Cat.

van883

Quoteyawn!  deeply boring yawn!

Tank but i guess if you happen to like that sort of thing....... you did ok.  Tank

the wheelie i saw [either '558 or '426] one of these do at the 1988 chivenor show was more impressive.  Thumbs Up

but at least it is flying again and up to enthusiasts like me and you to keep her flying. isn't it?

whats with the yawn Trev?

Nice in flight pics!

Van

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: van883 on July 07, 2008, 01:57:38 PM
Quoteyawn!  deeply boring yawn!

Tank but i guess if you happen to like that sort of thing....... you did ok.  Tank

the wheelie i saw [either '558 or '426] one of these do at the 1988 chivenor show was more impressive.  Thumbs Up

whats with the yawn Trev?

i prefer handley page, van! nuff said. its very tongue in cheek!

Mossie

Trev would be a very happy chappy if this girl flew again!  At least Lindy is doing high speed taxis, but to see these two together in formation at show would be something wouldn't it?  Ahhhh, at least I can dream!
:thumbsup:

I'm gutted I didn't get to see the Vulcan. :(  The missus booked us on holiday over last weekend, which to be honest was my fault for getting the dates mixed up.  I won't make it to RIAT this weekend either as we're having a bash for the missus birthday tomorrow evening & I won't be in any fit stated to drive down Sunday!  Farnborough is a possibility though.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Nick

I'm very glad I didn't make plans to visit RIAT this year as the whole event was rained off >:(

I did see the Vulcan at Bruntingthorpe in her repair hangar last year. Can't wait to see her flying now!

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nick on July 13, 2008, 06:17:49 AM
I'm very glad I didn't make plans to visit RIAT this year as the whole event was rained off >:(

pardon!

betcha RIAT won't be offering refunds or reduced price admission next year. makes me glad i got to waddington
instead.

BBC have this story mind...

www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7503772.stm

and simon, why not XL231 and XM715 flying... together with XH558 ;D naw! i'll just take the two victors, better!