Main Menu

the A-team GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 07, 2008, 01:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

*A-Team theme plays in background*

just got this idea after posting a comment in another thread  :mellow:

you know how the A-team always manage to make something out of everything, like a tank out of a buldozer, an aroured assault vehicle out of a bus, a gunboat out of a fishing boat,.....

so this is actually the idea, build some civilian model (car, bus, boat, plane, helicopter,....) and then modify in into a a-team style weapons platform, on condition you use scaled down parts of items they use like drainpipes, electrical wire, fireworks, bottles,.....

"now get back to work, crazy fool!"

so what you think  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

I pity the foo who don't like this idea!

;D

My favorite was the flame thrower from a washing machine.  This might be a fun build to throw on the calendar at some point.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

dy031101

That was a brilliant show.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nils on July 07, 2008, 01:31:44 AM
so this is actually the idea, build some civilian model (car, bus, boat, plane, helicopter,....) and then modify in into a a-team style weapons platform, on condition you use scaled down parts of items they use like drainpipes, electrical wire, fireworks, bottles,.....

I didn't see this thread last July......

IIRC though, the A-Team would use military weapons if one is readily available.  They took an artillery piece from a museum, restored it into working condition, and put it on an armoured bus in one episode.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

pyro-manic

Sounds like a nice idea. The only problem would be the lack of bashable kits - AFAIK there aren't that many civvie vehicles in 1:35/48/72 - they all tend to be 1:24 or similar. Finding weapons etc. in this scale might be tricky...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Daryl J.

Worthless trivia of the day: 

My last patient of the day on 27 Jan 09 had an orthodontist in S. California by the name of Dr. Peppard, brother to George Peppard of the A-team.   

Anyways.....back to regular programming.........

Daryl J.

Mossie

Quote from: pyro-manic on January 28, 2009, 11:48:27 AM
Sounds like a nice idea. The only problem would be the lack of bashable kits - AFAIK there aren't that many civvie vehicles in 1:35/48/72 - they all tend to be 1:24 or similar. Finding weapons etc. in this scale might be tricky...

You can get civvy vehicles in 1/32 & use 1/35 weapons.  Alternatively, don't worry about reality, The A-Team never did!!!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

gunfighter

DonĀ“t forget that Murdock always managed to steal a Bell 206 or an OH-6... even DC-3s and light utility aircraft. Up-armor a Cessna 172 and put a M-60 on the side door, and /or small bombs or rockets under the wings. A mounting of coupled mini-14s and a box of hand grenades would do nice too  :lol:.

Mossie

A Beechcraft Model 18 in the last episode I saw! :thumbsup:  Oh, & a microlight made from aluminium tube & gaffer tape!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.