"Aggresive" Eagles

Started by Shasper, July 07, 2008, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Actually it's USMC green with a coat of RAF dk green brushed over it by accident. . . I wanted a green that would look almost black when put next to the other colors. Hopefully I'll get crackin on the verts later today. . . hidden benefits of not having a car at the moment I guess.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Shasper

One month late, but here she is. . . Black 29 from the 318th Aggressor sqn:

Note the israeli-made ESM pod

Now on to my Profile GB build. . .

Shas b)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Something for the drama people ;)

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Holy Thread Revival pt. Deaux!

Recently I restarted work on bird #1 (the 3-tone brown one from the Profiles GB), got the external stores painted & started work on repainting the camo . . . which sucks, might have to strip & redo the whole thing. Since it's going to be finished post - deadline I'm going to be making some alterations to the original idea presented by John earlier . . .

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

sotoolslinger

Cool paint job  :thumbsup: I really like that star on the tail.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

Shas, I must have missed the completion of the second bird...looks hella good!  Now I'm looking forward to seeing the first one get finished. :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

noxioux

Killer.  My model building buddy just did the Alaskan agressor Vipers, and between that, and the ultra-sexy agressor F-15 posters advertised on ARC got me thinking something like this would be a cherry build.  Very cool.

Now, where's the wingman?

Shasper

In the works as we speak, although its going slow . . . Oddly enough I got an idea for yet another one of these buggars in the Mod Eagle pattern but substitute a light gray & the old Air Superiority Blue color . . . not sure which will go where but it's goin on the list now!

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

dragon

Quote from: Shasper on January 28, 2009, 09:32:25 PM
In the works as we speak, although its going slow . . . Oddly enough I got an idea for yet another one of these buggars in the Mod Eagle pattern but substitute a light gray & the old Air Superiority Blue color . . . not sure which will go where but it's goin on the list now!

Shas 8)
Have you seen a picture of the Venezuelan Su-30MK2's camouflage for inspiration?
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Shasper

Courtesy of a very helpful ARCer:

I think it'll work . . . at least its not file n rank Aggressor duds!

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Yet another blast from the past!

I've started work yet again on bird #1 (seen on the left), almost got the camo pattern snafu resolved so hopefully it'll be joining it's sistership in the ceiling airforce before too much longer.

Also priming has started on ship #3 (now known as the "Smurf").
- Bud S.

Sauragnmon

Very nice - I love that Compass Ghost scheme, I might have to do that myself on.... Something.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Shasper

Ok after a looong time of painting, repainting, stripping & starting over, this bird is DONE!

What started as a build based on one of Mav's awesome Bandit Eagles profiles:

. . . has resulted in this:

"Black 15" of the 318th AGS, finished in a scheme based on what VFA-127 use to put on their Bugs.

Seen here fitted with 3 gasbags, ACMI pod & captive early model 'Winder.
- Bud S.

ChernayaAkula

Nice scheme! :thumbsup: Could easily work for a rea world Aggressor!  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Shasper

Started work on the 3rd installment in this series based on the profile a few posts up:

- Bud S.