Main Menu

E-DAY PRAGUE

Started by NARSES2, July 08, 2008, 03:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Plans are being laid and timetables consulted as we speak  :rolleyes:

Realised whilst we were in Prague how easy it is to get to a lot of the historical sites of Central Europe by train, fairly cheap as well. Just have to persuade Steve not to wear any non PC T-Shirts in Dresden (I made a rather flippant sugestion - silly me  :banghead:)

As for pink armour it seems to be rather in vogue with tankies at the moment to paint their Germany46 Armour in red primer
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Steve (Aircav) just sent me this description of the area of Prague our hotel/appartment was in

"Zizkov is the name of the district referred to as Prague 3. Previously a working class suburb, Zizkov is home to many expats, short term travelers and university students; and sits on a hill on the right side of the old town. The plentiful array of intriguing and often unusual bars and restaurants, combined with a small but dedicated culture of poets, artists and musicians, gives the area its reputation for being both fun, relaxed and alternative. It is considered one of the more Bohemian districts of Prague"

I can vouch for it being on a hill  :blink:. As for being Bohemian, a little obvious I would have thought as it's in Bohemia/Moravia ?

Reccomended though for any wishing a weekend away.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2008, 02:12:28 AM
Just have to persuade Steve not to wear any non PC T-Shirts in Dresden (I made a rather flippant sugestion - silly me  :banghead:)

You're the one who suggested Dresden and getting some t-shits printed  ;D
Also the flight from Newcastle did over fly Hanover, Dresden and Leipzig  :o
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Radish

Is Wales on the itinery?
Do they have model shows in Wales?
Warrabout France? Via the tunnel?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on September 28, 2008, 03:37:13 AM
Just have to persuade Steve not to wear any non PC T-Shirts in Dresden (I made a rather flippant sugestion - silly me  :banghead:)

Yea and which idiot was singing "Off we go into the wild blue yonder" and saying "bomb on green" as we flew over - oh yea that was me  :banghead:

France would be good Rad, Belgium and Holland likewise. We are going to have a trawl around the overseas branches at Telford to see whats on. And yes there is a Welsh National's or at least their was last year. Can you imagine how many variations of "Shawn the sheep" models would be on display ?  :rolleyes:

Geoff

Please, oh please can we go somewhere where you get your tummy rubbed by a petite Vietnamese woman when you buy a tee shirt off her? "Aawww I got big one fit you good", and I promise next time I won't go "...verry clean, go boom boom beaucoup long time, Americah numbah one!"
Thanks!

Aircav

Very good luck for you  ;D ;D ;D

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Geoff

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 29, 2008, 01:52:27 AM

Yea and which idiot was singing "Off we go into the wild blue yonder" and saying "bomb on green" as we flew over - oh yea that was me  :banghead:

France would be good Rad, Belgium and Holland likewise. We are going to have a trawl around the overseas branches at Telford to see whats on. And yes there is a Welsh National's or at least their was last year. Can you imagine how many variations of "Shawn the sheep" models would be on display ?  :rolleyes:

Well we were flying over Dresden at night and it was all lit up!!

Did Steve tell you about the nice lady on the Metro who was standing behind us and seemed to understand English when we were discussing if the Metro Zone map was for ground zero? lol!

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2008, 02:48:43 AM
"The plentiful array of intriguing and often unusual bars"

Soft lighting, soft music sort of thing - no, and if in doubt read what it says on the sign and pack ear defenders!

Aircav

Quote from: Geoff on September 29, 2008, 11:44:28 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 29, 2008, 01:52:27 AM

Well we were flying over Dresden at night and it was all lit up!!

Did Steve tell you about the nice lady on the Metro who was standing behind us and seemed to understand English when we were discussing if the Metro Zone map was for ground zero? lol!

Well it did look like a Casualty map with the orange centre and the rings gradually getting lighter to the last white one.

Sir Sydney Camm

Radish

Been thinking of some non-PC slogans for t-shirts....but taste and the need for legality prevents me from posting them.

Aircav

You can always PM them to me Terry  ;D ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

Radish

OK, done that.
Just a few "instants", but I'm thinking of some more.... :thumbsup:

Geoff

I just remembered that old Jasper Carrot joke of -

Q  "What do you call a convertable Skoda?"

A  "A skip!"

Umm Steve do you have those pics of the Skodas being used for storage near the NATO HQ?