BP Defiant: Fighter Concept

Started by seavixen, July 08, 2008, 12:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Wow I thought I was a putty freak  :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

seavixen

I'm back again and so is this!

Flippin' lengthy hospital stays are doing my head in. Anyway, this and the Anson should soon both be full speed ahead touch wood!
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Jeffry Fontaine

Would you need to increase the surface area of the vertical control surfaces now that you have removed the turret and the fairing behind the pilot?  Similar to what was done with the P-40, P-47, P-51 when the cockpit canopy was changed to a one piece blown canopy to increase visibility. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

seavixen

I would have thought that with less in the way to disturb airflow to the empennage, there would be no need for larger surface area?
The Me109 never suffered as a result of having a relatively small tail fin/rudder.

seavixen

Little update.

Laid on first coat of camo, no major surface issues so I'll wait for this to dry and then finish it off.

seavixen

C'mon guys, a bit of moral support wouldn't go amiss!  :thumbsup:

The Rat

That canopy not only changes the top profile but it makes the nose look shorter, weird. Keep going on this, I think most of us have wanted to whiff a Defiant at one time or another (I've got one on the bench now), and we'll drool over whatever you can give us!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

sotoolslinger

She's a beauty  :thumbsup:Keep it up :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

Looking good! I really like the way the new canopy changes the look of this bird.

Can't wait for your next update!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Vulcan7

can't wait to see her finished, nice one seavixen  :thumbsup: :ph34r: :tornado:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

McGreig

Impressive :thumbsup: - I'm doing an Airfix Defiant in the Sovietize It GB and I wish that I'd thought of your solution to the ailerons.
:cheers:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Could definitely see this as a 'fall-back fighter' in case the Spitfire and/or Hurricane had delays or problems.... Excellent realisation SV  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)