Let the voting begin!

Started by nev, July 14, 2008, 01:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

OK gents, many thanks to all who entered, as ever there was a bumper crop of entries - 24 by my reckoning, by 20 different modellers.  Full marks to you all  :thumbsup:

If everyone could please PM me with your choices in a 1, 2, 3 format.  Finished models can be viewed here
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20726.0.html

1st - 5pts
2nd - 3pts
3rd - 1pt

Its always hard to choose just one and this year is no exception, hence the multiple votes format.

Sorry I  wasn't around more to support you all but Mrs Nev went and took over my 9 day break with stuff!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Nick

Err, Nev?

I can't stick my pictures up because you've locked the thread. Would you mind letting my Finnish Flitzer in, please?

I was up till 2am getting the last bits done and didn't wake up to do the pictures till gone 8am.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

Arrrrghhhhh!!! My brain is melting -- trying to pick just three of these is impossible.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Good work everyone.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

Yes, the hardest part of a group build is trying to pick out the "best"...each one has it's own merits, strengths and flaws. Tough one this time, a lot of fantastic work.

sotoolslinger

Must agree :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I could have picked out several sets of 1st 2nd and 3rd and still not voted for myself ;D ;D ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

BlackOps

I'm just astonished that such a motley bunch can knock out so many beautiful models, and in a weeks time no less!  :bow:

Awesome work by all!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Weaver

Ouch - that was a tough call. The shortlist was three times too long, so I first whittled it down by applying some criteria, and then picked the ones that personally appealed to me the most from the worthy potential winners. I hate being a judge almost as much as I hate being judged......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Eddie M.

I actually got a brain freeze trying to pick my favorites. It was very difficult considering the range of imagination involved with each project. A big BRAVO ZULU to all of you !!
    Eddie 
Look behind you!

Daryl J.

All that creativity in a week???!!!!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a great set of people to be associated with!

Daryl J.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Daryl J. on July 14, 2008, 10:09:41 PM
All that creativity in a week???!!!!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a great set of people to be associated with!

Daryl J.

We are all thinking the same thing about the guy who came up with a steam powered pirate bouy...   ;D
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

I have to agree with the boys here....the talent, creativity and easy execution of their ideas was just phenomenal.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

OK 24 hours in, and this is the closest vote ever.  19 of the 24 entries have so far received votes.  11 of the 24 have received at least 1 first place vote.  By now there is normally a clear winner - not so this year, so remember, every vote counts!

B777LR

nev

Monday afternoon when I met up from my night shift