American Messerschmitt

Started by sotoolslinger, July 16, 2008, 06:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

STS--I had that "same" (actually slightly different, but probably MEANT to be the same) snake insignia, too. It found its way onto my Argentine "Culebra" (snake) gunnery trainer fighter. (BdB take note of spats!)

>I think we should do a sort of "WWII Extrapolation" GB, where we envision (ahem) logical changes to our favorite wartime aircraft.  Just like your build, and JHM's SuperBolts.  These ideas have produced some extremely sexy aircraft!<

noxioux, that is **ALL** I ever do!! Well, I suppose it all depends on how you define "logical"! Anyway, WW II extrapolations are my niche.

I do come up with some completely "new" aircraft, come to think of it, because the "Culebra" is just that--a 1/72-scale aircraft made largely from a 1/144 He-111 plus 1/72 Northrop Gamma spats faired into the former engine nacelles, and an Arado Ar-96 engine. Canopy is in the He-111's top-gunner's spot, and a radiator was made from the ventral gun tub.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

HOG

"The RoT Director of Aircraft Development was one of the most flamboyant and controversial figures in the government. Gary "Nightwalker" Hogg was the decendant of a Cherokee indian princess and the scion of a famous Texan family.A declared pacifist, he nonetheless always dressed in a combination of frontiersmans buckskins and military uniforms.He carried a huge Walker Colt pistol(with no ammo) a saber(with no edge) and also was never seen in public without one of his signature ornate swagger sticks(all known to contain the finest of whiskeys).He was known for his social excesses and huge parties but was also one of the greatest aircraft designers of his age."

Sir,You know me better than I know myself  ;D

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

I love to see how your ideas are gonna line up in a build. This one has been a treat so far. Looking forward to roll out!:)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Thanks all ya'll ;D
Sr that is a sexy airplane,purple is my favorite color.
HOGG I mean HOG we aim to please. ;D Sounds like you do too :thumbsup:
Eddie I'm still working several other projects but this was one of those spur of the moment, build me now things
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Reworked the upper deck gun blisters ala FW-190

Painted and installed pilot dude

And masked and installed canopy

Plus standard PSR
I amuse me.

Arc3371

It certainly looks interesting, kind of a Franco-Italian feeling with all those bulges and bumps

sotoolslinger

ARC there are no Spaggetios in this models. ;D
I just had to see what she looked like with the rounded spinner on

And no ..... I'm looking at you Hog
However this very ,very , off white color will very likely be part of the camo pattern

I amuse me.

Arc3371

Looking better and better, are you sure that no Italian designer is involved...

Brian da Basher

I really like the re-worked gun blisters, Toolslinger and that air intake between them really looks mean!

I'm the same way about sticking on the prop in the middle of a project just to see what it looks like.

Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Actually ARC my last name F-U-L-C-E is pronounced ful-cha (with a long a) in Italianio . You would have to ,oh I don't know , have a war  to convince some that it is not an Americanized version of Fultz ( so German) I'm easy , I had bratwurst and sauerkraut for dinner last night, and would be happy to have sausage and peppers  tonight ;D. But momma's maiden name was Harbour (documented 4th cousin of Princess DI) I feel I am Qualified  to either kill or breed with almost anyone ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh yeah this was supposed to be the first pic on the last post
I amuse me.

bexwh773

Judging by the last post you left in my Phantom thread my friend, Id say youre quite correct in your admission that youre easy :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D  :blink:

Now then, sarcasm and wit aside, this is really starting to take shape my friend  :thumbsup:   :cheers:

Bex
Becky aka Bex

HOG

"..... I'm looking at you Hog"

Me....What I`d do?

By the way in my world very very off white is the opposite to very very off black,  ;D
grey is just grey...................(sometimes)

"I feel I am Qualified  to either kill or breed with almost anyone"   :o

Pass ;D   

Comeing along nicely, now don`t post   PAINT!

Cheers  :drink:
Gary

Ps Whats that triple engined whif in the background?
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Just funnin with you bubba,  ;D :mellow: The 3 engine critter in back is something the Model Whisperer sent me... and I have been working on. I should have been posting updates but I am incredibly lazy :banghead: :banghead:
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Not only a great model in progress but a very entertaining thread, too!  I'm hooked.  More, more!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Chap

Looks great sotoolslinger! Any ideas as to the paint scheme yet?

~Steve