Unnamed 1930’s Gull Wing Fighter- Finished!

Started by Chap, July 16, 2008, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

Certainly looks cool, but "foreign". Maybe the red swastikas of Estonia (or was it Latvia?)  need to go on it???
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

jcf

Very nice and very Period.

Reminiscent of both the PZL P-8 and the ANF-Mureaux 170.

P.8

Jon

Rafael

If there was a Belle-epoque, this beauty should have been flying then :wub: :bow: :thumbsup:

Love the wing/struts arrangement

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Sisko

This is a one great little kitbash. :wub:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

sotoolslinger

A beautiful build. If you have any question as to markings the Republic of Texas would like to provide you with markings for your aircraft ;D :wacko: :wub: :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Chap

Thanks all for the most kind words!

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 17, 2008, 12:54:37 PM
Very nice and very Period.

Reminiscent of both the PZL P-8 and the ANF-Mureaux 170.

Jon

Dang it Jon! I can't seem to build anything original. :lol: I was aware of the P.8 but not the ANF-Mureaux 170, thank you.

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 17, 2008, 10:46:25 AM
Maybe the red swastikas of Estonia (or was it Latvia?)  need to go on it???

Yes, I did consider Latvian markings but alas I don't have any, the PZL kit did include Bulgarian, Greek and Romanian markings. Also, a most generous sotoolslinger suggested Republic of Texas markings (although I can't see a "Texican" flying this one, not enough guns or horsepower ;D). I'll also check to see what Squadron Mail Order has available.

~Steve

sotoolslinger

Oh yeah ,what scale is this cause the RoT would be happy to provide some nice 1/48 scale underwing gun pods ;D ;D
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Dangit, I just went back and looked  :banghead: I guess you could scaleorama the guns ;D ;D
I amuse me.

Chap

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 18, 2008, 02:41:45 PM
Oh yeah ,what scale is this cause the RoT would be happy to provide some nice 1/48 scale underwing gun pods ;D ;D

sotoolslinger, I actually do have gun pods which came with the PZL but I appreciate the offer.

~Steve

sotoolslinger

Yeah I saw :banghead: Just remember the Republic of Texas is always willing to supply it's allies with assistance(no strings attached) No really ;D :lol: :rolleyes: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
I amuse me.

Chap

Thank you sotoolslinger, I shall keep that in mind for the next build (maybe a fighter for the RoT).

~Steve

Chap

Hi Everyone,

Still a few touch ups to do but for the most part it's done.

Backstory: Following the invasion of Yugoslavia in April of 1941, it became clear that Bulgaria was in need of a modern fighter to replace the aging PZL P.24F currently serving. After the battle, Bulgaria was able to capture twelve Zmaj built Hawker Furies. A decision was made to modify one of the Furies by replacing the existing wings with those from a damaged PZL. The resulting aircraft, nicknamed "Sparrow", was completed in November and test flown by Lieutenant Vladimir Balan at the Vrazhdebna (near Sofia) airfield; proving faster and lighter on the controls then the PZL, an order was placed for the remaining eleven to be modified. Only seven were delivered by the time the first Bf-109E's were able to be delivered. The "Sparrows" served in the second auxiliary yato (squadron) and later as advanced trainers at Karlovo until 1945.

~Steve