OOB Me109G-6 No Build-just tweak and blow or Lazy Bugger Build 1

Started by HOG, July 17, 2008, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

I had an immediate, but fleeting urge to say, "ME109? (insert rude noise here). . ."  But after seeing that dio, my jaw hit the keyboard and broke my rude noise maker.

But if it was me, I'd stick the grass back in there.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Brian da Basher on August 05, 2008, 02:18:43 PM
That's a Matrixone quality 109 you've got there HOG! Looks absolutely perfect!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

Agreed! TOO.
Will die without understanding this world.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

hOYHOY`L
Started to add the winter wash and gone waaayyyy  over the top. All that nice delicate spraywork has dissappered under a thin wash of sprayed white. Still its not unredeemable and I think I need to put some figures together before I go any further so as to see whats white and wots not awight, right  ;D

Thinking back to the original 1:72 dio, most of the "washed" areas are done in watercolour pencil (2 greys anna white) when I had got the figures sorted so you`d think I might learn somthink?.  :huh:
As an aside this was the sort of finish I was thinking of, another old dio in 1:72 of the Huma Hs132.

The streaky white on here is also water colour pencil.

Cheers :drink:
Gary

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Is the white overspray waterbased  :huh:  if so ,and I have done this before, you can actually rub it off manually with your fingers. It takes a while but try it.
I amuse me.

HOG

hIYA SoTooSli`

Nah unfortunately its enamels all the way down thinned with cellulose thinners yet so slightly selfetched into lower paintwork/decal/plastic.  I was thinking if giving it a blowover of Tamiya acrylic clear before the white but.......... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

;D gary
wow looks like a Glaswegian karate school practise day   (Ken ye mather sew...then stiech theis)
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

McGreig

Hmm - - - despite the intimidating behaviour of the Glaswegian Martial Arts Gang, I have to say that I think this looks fine as it is.  :thumbsup: It looks close to the original 1/72 version and I prefer it to the Hs-132 (although that's probably just jealousy as my Hs-132 doesn't look anywhere near as good - - - )
:cheers:

HOG

Hi McGreig

Now I`ve had a day to consider my options on this build, it`s not such a disaster as I first assumed. The `white`coat is revell gloss enamel thinned as I said with enough cellulose thinners as to be virtually a wash coat sprayed as a fine mist at very low pressure through the airbrush. If you look closely at the pictures the white has taken on the appearance of a `fogging` coat over the original paint finish. What I think has happened is that due to the high amount of thinners the paint has seperated into pigment and gloss base resulting in the frosty fogged look with a high gloss top surface diffuseing the reflected colour to the eye thus giving this effect.
Therefore I think that by breaking up this reflective surface a suitable result may be achieced.

So I`ll bung on some matt varnish later an` see what happens. ;D
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

HOG

Bin there done that.

IT`S LATE AN`YOUR`E AN INVALID, WHY AINT YOU IN BED! ;D
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Well I have a spaceship to build ..... what the hell are you doin ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
Besides I have catcrotch
I amuse me.

HOG

Me     I`s still awake,its 04.35 uk time and o3.31 forum time. just found this when I went online for some reasearch on the109X.

Space ship looks fine but not sure about those front winglets.  Looks a little like an anime butterfly roboty thing.

Nitenite SoTooSli, hope that bloody big bedbug on your lap don`t bite

cheers gary :drink:
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

I think I can work with this.

Thanks to SotooSli for suggesting thinners onna earstick. I had tried white spirit and that never touched it but I rememberd a small bottle of nail varnish remover  (acetone) I had which with some 1200 grade wet n dry and an old fibreglass pencil got me back on track.
More as an when
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Cool glad that worked ;D The winglets will have big effin guns on em :wub:
I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Looks like you nailed it to me HOG! Excellent!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher