OOB Me109G-6 No Build-just tweak and blow or Lazy Bugger Build 1

Started by HOG, July 17, 2008, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

In the last pic of the ressusitated 109 was some figs from the Tam Germ Inf set. Here are some more after reworking, loads need doin but it points where I`m going.

This is based on an Afgan waistcoat brought back for me from behind the curtain way back when. With those boots he might get a brush or a strat` anna afro` (Hendrix Lives :ph34r:)

Neo?

This one reminds me of the Weird Al video about Ferret stomping or sumink

As to the plane its just tweaked cockpit.
The fuel line on the right wall is coloured silk thread from the wife as is the strand on the joystick. The straps are the kit decals with a wash of Humbrol 74 linen. Dashboard, black sharpie and Future and red bits to highlight. Not much just enough interest on a closed cockpit.

Back to the grindstone. Work the curse of the drinking class. :drink:
Gary

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

That's great, HOG! I like the guy with the brush. Not something you see very often. I have a feeling you're in the process of building another award=winner!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

HOG

Thanks Brian,  the brush, 1/2 hours work with a bit of resin waste. Me I never throw anyfing away  ;D
Cheers  :drink:
Gary
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

First artist, now Sir, is there no end to these insults I have to bear ;D
:drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Not much posted as one of the kids stole me camera and went on holiday. Now I deffinatly know what to get them for christmas. A better camera for me to use when they borrow this one!
Anyways a fair bit done as below.
Canopy marinated in Klear and came out just like it says on the bottle.

Only trouble is that its a bit small all round. Didn`t use the Falcon canopy that came with this kit as it was gonna be a shut up job, so I pinched the one in the H/craft 109-G2/3 that I have in the stash which will be a FiSK199 if I ever get to it. Now I know that Hobbycraft canopies = trouble. Still the painted decal strips went on, they need a touch of TLC and Micro sol/set but enough is visable through the plastic to give interest.

Now today my son was suppost to take me for a ride to the plant nursuries but it rained so we didn`t go, so what can you do on a wet afternoon - build a watering (oil) can. All from sprue and a bit of wire.

And heres some sceanic scatter to go on the dio

Now I know I`ve complained in the past on the lack of figures in 1:48 in poses that arn`t killin someone, but I`m beginning to enjoy this aspect of dioramery (especially since I`ve remembered all those router bits I have for the
Dremel for removing moulded on detail). Detail work on the `cleaners` is mainly done and their just waiting for primer.

The one in the greatcoat I`m particuly pleased with. The last figure is a new conversion and one I`m trying out a new method on. I wanted a figure with a scarf wrapped around his head against the cold, plasticard was to thick and my glue/filler mix wasn`t working, so I wrapped a piece of tissue around his head and applied liquid glue direct to set it in place, and then painted the tissue with a very thin glue/filler mix. This has potential for lots more experiments.

Considering that all these figure come from the Tamiya German infantry set I`m quite chuffed with the results and in fact I might take up figure work and drop the aircraft  ;D

Oh well more as and when
Cheers  :drink:
G

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

You should be plenty chuffed with those results, Hog! No one builds those little details better! The oil can is especially impressive! I never fail to be amazed by your work!
:bow:
Brian da Basher

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

Some small progress made on this WhiffWip. Base has been painted up and model fixed to it. Normally the cement blocks should be a lighter colour than this but I have intentionaly darkened these so as to show a better contrast against the greys and white model.

The figures are placed so as to compose layout for the dio and I am quite pleased with their relationship to the model regards pose etc as this is the first time they have met each other. They are all chops from either the Tamiya Germ Infantry or Germ Inf on Manouvers  kits, the change from infantry uniforms to overalls has worked pretty good. The water bowser below is just somthing I mocked up. The watertank is from all the figure bases glued together, covered with foil from a wine bottle and strapping from self adheisive tape. The `frame` is from the lauch tower girder work I didn`t use from the revell Natter kit and an old Airfix Queen Mary Trailer.

Now all I have left to do is finish building the plane and painting it. Finish all the figure chops and paint. Push mould around 12-18 buckets etc etc.

More as when & if etc and comments recommendations etc welcomed.
cheers  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

Outstanding work, HOG! The water tank is most impressive! I always enjoy your updates. There's always so much going on.

You always put your figures to work. I'm really glad your're not my boss as I'd never get away with slacking.
Brian da Basher

HOG

High Brian,
Thanks for the nice words, I`m not that bad but I do insist on my models working. ;D
Just to show that I`m not a complete tyrant heres a 109E4-B I did some years ago with the G.C on lunchbreak. Figures are converted Bandai

Heres an example one of my first push mould attempts on the mess tins with fuse wire handles, altho there of British style captured at Dunkirk, the Germans liked to use them.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

Mmmmm slop, it's what's for dinner!

I really like this dio, HOG! Most modellers always want to have some great heroic presentation, but I find the more prosaic "slices of life" a lot more realistic.

Just incredible!
(even if the slop might be inedible)
Brian da Basher

B777LR

sotoolslinger

Dang, I missed this update .Sorry bout that Hog. Can't even express how cool this is though. ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland