OOB Me109G-6 No Build-just tweak and blow or Lazy Bugger Build 1

Started by HOG, July 17, 2008, 05:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

HOG

Hoyhoy`l
When I started this build I thought it was gonna be a quick one, after all the plane was already built and as the label says `Just tweak & blow`. Now that I`ve gotten into it it it`s a bit Catch 22. Idea- crew figures cleaning off the winter camo`.......where will the `clean` bits be? ........answer build the figures first.
Normally the figures on a dio should be reacting to the main element (the subject matter) but here it`s all in reverse. So as in the last lot of photos the figures have been sorted and now I`m dabbling, stippleing and drybrushing the model to match them, so not a lot of interest to show you there. So I`m posting the work on the little water bowser/trailer that I`ve done to date. As I said the tank is all the Tamiya figure bases glued together and the chassis is from the Revell launch post in the Natter kit that I didn`t use. Everything else is just bits of card sprue etc with wheels from the RAF oil thingy in the Revogram ground equipment set, an odd steering wheel from an Airfix OO/HO lorry and a grub screw as the cylinder for the single cylinder diesel water pump.

The trailer as you last saw it

And this how it looks now,  It`s not based on any actual real world thing just the results of a trawl on the web for ideas, and is intended to represent a civilian/agricultural trailer impressed into military service.

Well what do you think?  does it work? and for what it`s cost, who cares ;D

Cheers All :drink:
G

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

It certainly works and looks real enough to me, HOG! I especially like the little control wheel.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Thanks for the kind words and heres more of the WhifWip

For some reason the Tamiya paint I used as a base coat dried with lotsa pimples, but I did buy it cheap. In this case dosn`t matter as the idea for this build bit is a farm/industrial trailer impressed into military use and I wanted somthing that looked as if it was old, maybe sitting at the back of a barn whatever, and the effect looks like paint peeling and bubbleing.

Heres the 109 now painted to match the figure poses and the trailer placed for consideration. All in all quite pleased, and I hope it dosn`t make SoToolSli` hate me even more ;D

Comments suggestions etc welcomed
Cheers :drink:
G

"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

OMG  :o :blink: It is not possible to hate you more :wub: :wub: :wub: I am so jealous of your talent :blink: :party: :cheers: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

HOG

Hoyhoy`l

And I thought this was gonna be a quick one, anyway first batch of figures painted.

Still loads to do so I`d better just get on wiv it instead of typing here.

All comments etc as per the norm

Cheers  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Brian da Basher

Your dio reminds me of our state road dept. There's always at least two guys standing around for every one that's working!

I really like the vest on that one worker. Little touches like that add to the reality.

Great stuff, HOG!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Thanks to Brian and Ron for the kind words, work progresses in stages and I`ve finally made the effort to finish the airframe but still some weathering to do. It`s come to where I add the aerial or not, and I`ve yet to find an easy way of doing this. I noticed I`ve left off two parts in the rush to get it on the baseboard and a noprize to the first person who spots em. Buckets are on and some filled with water and the beginings of puddles added. I reckon another half dozen or so should be enough.

And finally the water bowser,

for a free add on this is really making the dio work for me. In the past I`ve made funnels by adding Milliput to a piece of brass and chucking this into the Dremel to get the taper, and carefully eroding the inside away with a knife tip to make it hollow. (see the 109E-4B dio above) Now I`ve got sensible and made a master so that I can push mould the `funnel` like the buckets and just add a sprue spout and handle. The buckets are scaled down from an old galvanized bucket I`ve got that came from a dairy originaly (it dates back to when I used to design gardens and I have quite a collection of old baths, buckets, watering cans etc) and seems quite big against the figures even though I`ve checked the dimensions , twice but I suppose a bucket is a bucket.

Finally I`ve managed to mould a couple of cowl bulges for the 109X that nearly match so the next time I post hopefully it will be there, as that build seems to be taking forever.

well as always comments and critique welcomed,
cheers  :drink:
G

(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

lancer

We are in the presence of a modelling GOD no less.... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I am always in awe of your builds and the way you can take an inhaler of all things and turn it into a bloody starfighter....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die