Waste not, want not - KAZAKHSTAN’S FIRST FIGHTER DESIGN

Started by kitbasher, July 20, 2008, 06:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Meanwhile, earlier on the Eastern front.......
What to do with the Ash-82 engine left over from the La-5D, then?  Well, a Kittyhawk gave up its fin and rudder for that model, so the La-5FN empennage can make the return journey.  Said Kittyhawk has also surrendered its engine for another work in progress, so the La-5's engine can go this whif too.

Like my La-5D, another whif provided some inspiration, namely McGreig's Ash-82 Spitfire and Hurricane.
More to follow............... ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Howard of Effingham

:thumbsup: hmm no relation to henristian AF's floatplane skyvan is this?  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on July 20, 2008, 06:49:33 AM
:thumbsup: hmm no relation to henristian AF's floatplane skyvan is this?  :thumbsup:
No, no floats.
Found references to said Skyvan but can't find any pictures, by the way.
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sequoiaranger

>Well, a Kittyhawk gave up its fin and rudder for that model, so the La-5FN empennage can make the return journey.  Said Kittyhawk has also surrendered its engine for another work in progress, so the La-5's engine can go this whif too.<

.....a Curtiss P-36???
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

kitbasher

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

sotoolslinger

You pulled your butt out of a fire with this one .I was going to eat your arse out for the lack of in progress pics on the LaGG. You are forgiven. ;D ;D :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

I've always thought P-40s excellent whiff material and I'm certainly going to enjoy seeing what you do with this one, kitbasher!

Brian da Basher

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Chap

Very nice! The P-40, is it the Airfix kit?

~Steve

P.S. Here is a profile I did a while ago that maybe of some interest to you.

jcf

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 20, 2008, 09:01:21 AM
>Well, a Kittyhawk gave up its fin and rudder for that model, so the La-5FN empennage can make the return journey.  Said Kittyhawk has also surrendered its engine for another work in progress, so the La-5's engine can go this whif too.<

.....a Curtiss P-36???

Well there was this:
NX28990, a radial equipped P-40 used by Pratt & Whitney.

Links to drawings:
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/52/Draw/18.jpg
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/52/Draw/19.jpg
http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/AirWar/52/Draw/20.jpg

Jon

kitbasher

Quote from: Chap on July 20, 2008, 09:14:23 PM
Very nice! The P-40, is it the Airfix kit?
Yes it is and..........damn!!  I had no idea that profile existed.  Is it somewhere on the forum and if so does that make it eligible for the profile GB?????  'Cos that's very close to what I have in mind. ;D ;D

kitbasher

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 20, 2008, 11:22:11 AM
I was going to eat your arse out for the lack of in progress pics on the LaGG.
Is that legal? ;D ;D

Brian da Basher

Quote from: kitbasher on July 21, 2008, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 20, 2008, 11:22:11 AM
I was going to eat your arse out for the lack of in progress pics on the LaGG.
Is that legal? ;D ;D

It certainly doesn't sound very appetizing...
;)
Brian da Basher