Zod's command tank model

Started by General Zod, July 20, 2008, 04:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

Quote from: RotorheadTX on July 20, 2008, 06:33:46 PM
I love them model! Great subject, and you've done a bang-up job.
The tracks look very good. I always have trouble painting tracks; therefore I hate you.  :wacko:

Seriously though, great piece of work!!

Thanks RoterheadTX

Tracks aren't that hard to paint It's just a matter of finding a brown base paint for the metal part of the tracks
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: Weaver on July 20, 2008, 07:45:07 PM
It's a cracking model: well done!

What I like is that, although it's clearly an artifact of fantasy, you can tell that it was designed by somebody who both knows and loves tanks. In fact, I'd say their inspiration was a Char-2C, modified with AMX-30ish curves and details.

Thanks Weaver  ;D
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: BlackOps on July 20, 2008, 08:20:40 PM
Looks great!  :thumbsup:

I've got one in the stash thats been waiting for me to decide exactly what I want to do with it.  :blink: It's such a cool model I'm half afraid to start it because if I screw it up I'll never forgive myself  :banghead:

After seeing your models here,I think you'd do a great job on that kit  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 20, 2008, 10:19:03 PM
Great looking model!

Bet it smells a bit inside though....

Thanks AeroplaneDriver Doesn't smell too bad  :lol:
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: Mossie on July 21, 2008, 01:54:12 AM
Impressive!  I like the worn, war weary look & the slightly rusted tracks.

Thanks Mossie  ;D
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: Gary on July 21, 2008, 03:56:20 AM
They must be Russian speaking pigs, that thing has such a Soviet look. Very neat indeed. I like the way the paint looks. I noticed and appreciated how you didn't load every thing with mud to hide stuff! Looks great!

Thanks Gary

I used some of the MIG Pigment Russian earth on it I wanted a dirty look to it I have been getting better at using those pigments  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

Sisko

Nice job on that kit.
I built mine last year and it was a great little build. I wish that it hadn't gone out of production.

I would like another!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

General Zod

Quote from: Sisko on July 21, 2008, 03:58:08 PM

Nice job on that kit.
I built mine last year and it was a great little build. I wish that it hadn't gone out of production.

I would like another!

Thanks Sisko It is a shame it went out of production Maybe if enough of us e-mail Tasca,they'll make it again  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

Rafael

This is the Bolo Tanks small brother!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Great subject, my General!!! :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

General Zod

Quote from: Rafael on July 21, 2008, 04:55:59 PM
This is the Bolo Tanks small brother!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Great subject, my General!!! :thumbsup:

Rafa

Thanks my friend Wouldn't that be a neat model? I think a Bolo tank would have to be 1/87 or even smaller It would be a huge tank model  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

General Zod

Death before decaf
Chad

jcf

Quote from: General Zod on July 20, 2008, 04:01:38 PM
Back in April,at the AMPS model contest,I was able to buy the Tasca kit of the Akuyaku #1 kit It's in 1/72 scale From what I can gather,the model is based off of a Japanese children's  book The crew are pigs I did get crew pigs with the kit,but have not painted them I suck at figures  :banghead:

From an occasional manga series by Hayao Miyazaki that appeared in Model Graphix.

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/manga/zassou.html

The inner tracks are to improve cross-country mobility. It was a notion actually considered back in the early days
and the Flying Elephant was built with a pair of "belly" tracks.

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/new_pages/todd_flyeleph1.htm

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/jpegs_new/number_13/FE-B-Fosters-Drawing.jpg

Jon

General Zod

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 22, 2008, 01:45:24 PM
Quote from: General Zod on July 20, 2008, 04:01:38 PM
Back in April,at the AMPS model contest,I was able to buy the Tasca kit of the Akuyaku #1 kit It's in 1/72 scale From what I can gather,the model is based off of a Japanese children's  book The crew are pigs I did get crew pigs with the kit,but have not painted them I suck at figures  :banghead:

From an occasional manga series by Hayao Miyazaki that appeared in Model Graphix.

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/manga/zassou.html

The inner tracks are to improve cross-country mobility. It was a notion actually considered back in the early days
and the Flying Elephant was built with a pair of "belly" tracks.

http://www.landships.freeservers.com/new_pages/todd_flyeleph1.htm

Jon

Thanks for the links and info Jon  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

CPNGROATS

Mon General:  Nice looking piggy tank...swine-ishly finished...I wonder if Tasca does a pig-boat as well..? That would be a an appropriate sea-squeal.... :lol:..

In a way it reminds me of something Dumont might have speculated on...you know an "landship" from a future war.., In any event, your model is very well done..!

Cheers,
ggc