Zod's command tank model

Started by General Zod, July 20, 2008, 04:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

Back in April,at the AMPS model contest,I was able to buy the Tasca kit of the Akuyaku #1 kit It's in 1/72 scale From what I can gather,the model is based off of a Japanese children's  book The crew are pigs I did get crew pigs with the kit,but have not painted them I suck at figures  :banghead:

I decided not to paint it in the dark yellow/red brown scheme I saw a German  38(T) light tank in the gray/brown scheme,and decided I like that

This kit was loads of fun to build  :drink: :party: No interior came with the kit In the instructions,it gives an interior drawing cutaway

Not sure why the tracks on the inner,lower hull are there

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

pyro-manic

Stops it from grounding out on soft or uneven terrain, I think.

Love this kit (still trying to find one), and you've dressed it in a lovely scheme. :thumbsup: Any ideas for markings, or are you going to leave it without?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

General Zod

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 20, 2008, 04:28:06 PM
Stops it from grounding out on soft or uneven terrain, I think.

Love this kit (still trying to find one), and you've dressed it in a lovely scheme. :thumbsup: Any ideas for markings, or are you going to leave it without?

Thanks Pyro I was thinking of doing some Japanese letters I tried to use a translation site,but all I got was a bunch off ????? for Japanese  :huh:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

General Zod

Death before decaf
Chad

pyro-manic

Quote from: General Zod on July 20, 2008, 04:35:05 PM
Thanks Pyro I was thinking of doing some Japanese letters I tried to use a translation site,but all I got was a bunch off ????? for Japanese  :huh:

Ahh, you won't get anything useful unless you have the Japanese language pack installed on your computer - otherwise you'll just get gibberish symbols. In Windows, go to Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options --> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian Languages" check box. Click apply, and it will install the necessary files. Restart your PC and you should get something useful. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

General Zod

Quote from: pyro-manic on July 20, 2008, 04:49:00 PM
Quote from: General Zod on July 20, 2008, 04:35:05 PM

Ahh, you won't get anything useful unless you have the Japanese language pack installed on your computer - otherwise you'll just get gibberish symbols. In Windows, go to Control Panel --> Regional and Language Options --> Languages tab and check the "Install files for East Asian Languages" check box. Click apply, and it will install the necessary files. Restart your PC and you should get something useful. :)

Thanks for the tip  :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

Maverick

Sweet build Zod,

Always thought it looked pretty cool.  It's got a real 'steampunk' kinda flavour to it.

Regards,

Mav

General Zod

Quote from: Maverick on July 20, 2008, 04:55:46 PM
Sweet build Zod,

Always thought it looked pretty cool.  It's got a real 'steampunk' kinda flavour to it.

Regards,

Mav

Thanks Mav  :thumbsup: I would love to get another one and build it up as a Soviet version
Death before decaf
Chad

RotorheadTX

I love them model! Great subject, and you've done a bang-up job.
The tracks look very good. I always have trouble painting tracks; therefore I hate you.  :wacko:

Seriously though, great piece of work!!

Weaver

It's a cracking model: well done!

What I like is that, although it's clearly an artifact of fantasy, you can tell that it was designed by somebody who both knows and loves tanks. In fact, I'd say their inspiration was a Char-2C, modified with AMX-30ish curves and details.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

BlackOps

Looks great!  :thumbsup:

I've got one in the stash thats been waiting for me to decide exactly what I want to do with it.  :blink: It's such a cool model I'm half afraid to start it because if I screw it up I'll never forgive myself  :banghead:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

AeroplaneDriver

Great looking model!

Bet it smells a bit inside though....
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Mossie

Impressive!  I like the worn, war weary look & the slightly rusted tracks.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gary

They must be Russian speaking pigs, that thing has such a Soviet look. Very neat indeed. I like the way the paint looks. I noticed and appreciated how you didn't load every thing with mud to hide stuff! Looks great!
Getting back into modeling