And the winner is.......

Started by nev, July 21, 2008, 05:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Well folks, first of all let me say a big thankyou to everyone who entered and finished this, the 4th Annual 1 Week Group Build. 

Once again it was a bumper crop of entries - 24 finished models by 20 different modellers.  Every one of you received votes.  Steve Filak says Group Builds are a great way of building models, which is ultimately what it is all about - so congratulations fellas, the worlds stash has been downsized by 24 kits this last week!  And this GB wouldn't be half as much fun without everyone steaming in and having a go.  So thankyou, and well done!  :thumbsup: 

Thankyou also to all who voted for, or said kind words about my Mirage2000.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out, and I'm glad you liked it too.  Just don't forget to vote for it in the Profiles GB ;)

As for the results.  As ever the standard was high - really high, possibly the highest this GB has seen, and this is reflected in the voting - last year AeroplaneDriver absolutely ran away with it, with 108pts, more than double 2nd place.  This year, as you are about to see, the results are a little more congested.......

(Number in brackets denote how many 1st place votes that entry received)

10th: 18pts (1) Brian da Basher, Steampunk Matrix 1-09

9th:  23pts (1) Eddie M, Bloody Death

8th:  28pts (1) Ed S, TSR2

7th:  30pts (4)  B777LR, Harrier diorama

6th:  38pts (6)  Cthulu77, F-14P

5th:  40pts (6)  Chap, Soviet Acrobats

4th: 41pts (5)  Weaver, FA-5K

And onto the podium finishers

3rd:  43pts (7)  joncarrfarrelly , Gerry Bull special

2nd:  54pts (7)  BlackOps, Dixie - Pride of the South

1st:  78pts( 8 )  Yes ladies and gentleman, for the second straight year, and retaining his 1 Week GB crown, its AeroplaneDriver, and his ETPS Mig-21!!  :cheers: :drink: :party: :bow:

Congrats to one and all, and could the top 3 please contact myself so we can sort out your prizes.

See y'all next year!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Spey_Phantom

congratulations, AeroplaneDriver  :party:
looks like the best man won this GB  :cheers:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

tanktastic43

Congratulations AeroplaneDriver.  :thumbsup:
and well done also BlackOps and joncarrfarrelly.

sotoolslinger

Congrats to all the winners. This was a blast to participate in.This was only my second group build .I loved seeing all the wide and varied concepts everyone came up with ;D :wub: :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Damian2

Well done APD! And well done to all those who entered it was damn difficult choosing just three names to put forward.

My hats off to you guys for churning these head turners out in just a week!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Chap

Congratulations AirplaneDriver and everyone else who entered!

~Steve

B777LR

:cheers:

That was a fun GB! Congratulations to all entrants, and not least to AD, who has discovered the new love of his life!  :thumbsup:

Ed S

Way to go AeroplaneDriver.  That Mig is a beauty. 

Lots of good modeling from all.  It was tough enough just trying to pick which 3 to vote for. 

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

cthulhu77

Fantastic on everyone's part...I just love the ingenuity that comes out in these speed builds.

AeroplaneDriver

:o :o :o

Holy crap!  I honestly cant believe I won this!  There were so many great ideas and entries this year I was hoping for a 'middle of the pack' finish at best.  I'll put the win down to the fact that sometime in the distant past somebody at Boscombe Down came up with the prettiest damn paint scheme ever!

Anyway, I didnt prepare an acceptance speech, so I'll just say thanks to those who voted for my MiG, but more importantly thanks to Nev and everyone who participated.  This is such a fun and imaginitive GB!   :cheers:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

BlackOps

I'm just as stunned as AD! I didn't expect to be in the top end. Thank you very much to those who voted for me.  -_-

I'm truly amazed at how many excellent entries there were.  :bow:

Thanks to all for making this such a fun event!  :thumbsup:   :cheers:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Weaver

Hearty congratulations to Aeroplanedriver, Blackops and Joncarrfarrelly!  :cheers: :drink: :party: :thumbsup:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

More congratulations to everyone else who took part: it was a very high quality competition and, as everybody else has said, damned hard to decide on.

Special thanks to Nev for moderating:  :thumbsup:

And to everyone who voted for me:

a) Cheers: utterly gobsmacked to be honest.... :blink:

b) You have no taste whatsoever!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

Congrats to AD and BlackOps and all who competed.

Thanks to all who voted for me.

:cheers: you crazy lot

Jon

Brian da Basher

Congratrs, AD, well earned!

Many thanks to you Nev, for moderating this yearly What-If tradition!

Already looking forward to next year's!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Shasper

Bloody good show chaps, well done!

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.