Japanese Me-262A 1/32 scale

Started by CPNGROATS, July 22, 2008, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

I like it, and that was a clever, Japanese-style semi-swastika in the tail!!

Where are the R4M rockets, whose racks are empty??
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Great job on reworking the Me 262, looks great in those colors!

Matrixone

HOG

Quote from: CPNGROATS on July 22, 2008, 03:18:17 PM
Thanks for the cudos...guys....I sense a group of free spirits on this forum....that's cool..!

BTW, Gary, I'm w/you hoping that Revell reissues the Messaschnitzel, I would like to do a Messaschnitzel Z and also a desert Messaschnitzel (109F type) with tropical filter, you get the picture... ;D

Cheers,
ggc

You`ll do well here, you even think like a lifetime whiffer.  Same kinda ideas as me and I sees em with authentic camo` schemes :wacko:
cheers  :drink:
Gary
(forum drunk)
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

CPNGROATS

Thanks..!  So being a "wiffer" is a good thing.. ;D  Some of the builds I've seen on this site are quite amazing exercizes in kitbashing and story telling...I find myself repeating the phrase...man that is cool... :cheers:

I have a number of ideas/concepts I think about (armchair "what-if" modeling)...you know, mutant plastic.. :dalek:
So I'll have to get cracking on the building of them...

Cheers,
ggc

GTX

QuoteSo being a "wiffer" is a good thing

You better believe it!  Welcome aboard.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Wow that really is very nice!!!!! Thanks for sharing your work and welcome aboard.

There was a comic around a couple of years ago which featured a luftwaffe all red Me-262. I have it some where here. I will have to dig it up. I bought the trumpeter 1/32 scale kit to do in that scheme.

That would make a few JMN's heads explode!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Gary

Often thought about doing the 262 with the fancy red with white striped bottom. This is a cool version.  :thumbsup:
Getting back into modeling

sotoolslinger

CPNGROATS being a whiffer is a great thing but beware ,it is highly addictive. Instead of seeing a cool real world model and thinking "Boy I bet I could make that look good" you begin thinking stuff like "I bet those Me 262 wings would look really cool on a Mustang" OR "What would a jet biplane look like?"

;D :blink: :wacko: :huh: :lol:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

CPNGROATS

That's looking like an upengined Gladiator...what a surprise for the Luft. types over Malta... :blink: Hans..! Was est lose???
Was est zat..??? Gott un Himmel!!  :huh: :huh: :huh:  "The Hun in the Sun...gets undone!!"....
Cheers,
ggc

p.s.  photo of Vulgarian ace Von Stoouch, in his modified Ni-11

sequoiaranger

I **SUPPOSE** a jet could have spats (Gloster-Sabre pic)--since there is precedence with the He-178.

I present my example--the Fairey Cuttlefish:

CPNGROATS

Does the cuttlefish has STOL capability..?  Looks like it would have some serious lift...
Cheers,
ggc

sequoiaranger

>Does the cuttlefish has STOL capability..?  Looks like it would have some serious lift...<

Yup. Intended that way. You know Fairey and biplanes! The early jets needed too much airstrip to take off and land, so carrier use was curtailed until something could be worked out. Fairey, the leader in naval biplane technology, came up with the biplane jet! It's a torpedo-bomber, and the tube over the twin jets will shoot out a torpedo backwards (facing forward) to bleed off speed as the ship is approached. Hence the "Cuttlefish" name!

CPNGROATS

S.Ranger:  Could you post some additional pics of the Cuttlefish..showing different angles/views of the a/c....
Cheers,
ggc