Japanese Me-262A 1/32 scale

Started by CPNGROATS, July 22, 2008, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sequoiaranger

Uh... sorry. For the time being my Cuttlefish is hors d'photo.  The picture is an old one. In a recent move most of my models were damaged and I haven't spent the time repairing all of them, wishing to use my precious modelling time for new projects.

From above, the Cuttlefish looks like the real thing with the canard stabilizer wing looking like the flair of the Cuttlefish. The swept wings were from a missle kit (one of those early jet-powered American cruise missles), the top half of the aircraft from a T-33, and the bottom from a Voodoo.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

jcf

Quote from: sequoiaranger on July 23, 2008, 10:04:36 AM
I **SUPPOSE** a jet could have spats (Gloster-Sabre pic)--since there is precedence with the He-178.

In the 1980s ANA approached Boeing about doing a fixed landing gear version of the 747 Domestic model(high-density seating),
the logic being that because the in-the-air time between Japanese cities was so short a fixed gear would save weight and reduce maintenance.

Boeing did actually assign a small number of engineering folk to do some analysis about what would be required (additions, subtractions, modifications etc.), but in the end they said no. A fellow I worked with in 747 Electrical Engineering (Wire Design) was on the team and told me the story.

Jon