Japanese Me-262A 1/32 scale

Started by CPNGROATS, July 22, 2008, 12:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CPNGROATS

Hi, newbie to this site:  What-if the Germans had delivered (via U-boat) plans, engines, and a complete airframe to the Japanese during the later stages of WWII..???  Using a reworked 21st Century Toys, Me-262A, I've modified it to depict a IJA evaluation a/c.  The 'swastika" looking tail marking was actually used by the Japanese and came from an old MicroScale generic Japanese decal sheet. I replaced the kit wheels with J.Rutman after market items and added a nose strut brake line..

I hope you like it.
Cheers,
ggc

Chap

Welcome to the forum! Very nice 262, those 21st Century models do have a lot of potential.

~Steve

Brian da Basher

Welcome to What If Mr Groats! Your Japanese 262 is very well done! I especially like the orange you used as well as that "almost swastika" on the tail. With an introduction like that it looks like I'd better go back to mudpies as a hobby!

Great having you here with us in the asylum!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

jcf

The "swastika" is a common Buddhist symbol and appears in multiple variations in Japan in the form of "mon" which are family crests.

Nice 262, would also look good in the green over orange test/evaluation scheme.

Jon

CPNGROATS

Thanks for the model and welcoming comments.  I guess the "swastika" was used by many cultures including native Americans...after the Germans were done with it it has a rather ominous conotation these days..

Here is a picture of some "what-if" comic a/c as molded by Revell in the 1970's.  Deal's Wheels. The Spitsfire was recently re-issued by Revell. I'm not certain this type of effort meets this sites criteria for a "what-if" but they give me a chuckle. The spit was piloted by FtLt. Riff Raff and the Messaschnitzel by Lt. Verner Moldy. Hope you enjoy :cheers:

Cheers,
ggc

Weaver

Welcome to the site - that's a seriously impressive 262!

Re the Revell jobs, IIRC there was a nostalgic discussion about those on here only recently, so it's nice to have a  couple of well-built ones to look at. You'll find they're a pretty tolerant, flexible bunch on here: they even tolerate me!  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

Cool 262 love that color. The other fighters are both eggcellent (ducking to avoid thrown objects) ;D ;D ;D
Welcome  ,if they put up with my weird stuff they should love you. :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Great 262! I love the Eval. colors. Welcome aboard :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sequoiaranger

Those would make GREAT pedal-cars for kids!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

HOG

Welcome to the nuthouse. :cheers:

I would like, require want NEED a Messerschnitzel!
Cheers  :drink:
Gary

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

CPNGROATS

Thanks for the cudos...guys....I sense a group of free spirits on this forum....that's cool..!

BTW, Gary, I'm w/you hoping that Revell reissues the Messaschnitzel, I would like to do a Messaschnitzel Z and also a desert Messaschnitzel (109F type) with tropical filter, you get the picture... ;D

Cheers,
ggc

Eddie M.

Outstanding all around presentation! Love the color. Welcome aboard!
   Eddie
Look behind you!

puddingwrestler

The Germans DID to a tech share of the 262 - the Japanese just never got it finished in time.
And it was green.
Nice bit of paintage sir!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

jcf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on July 22, 2008, 03:28:02 PM
The Germans DID to a tech share of the 262 - the Japanese just never got it finished in time.
And it was green.
Nice bit of paintage sir!

Sort of,
the Nakajima Kikka for the Navy was a very different design and much smaller and, while very similar, the Army Nakajima Karyu was actually larger than a 262.

Kikka

Karyu

Jon

CPNGROATS

Right you are Jon:  The Kikka flew the Karyu did not. The "what if" I've modeled represents an actual Me-262 as reassembled by the Japanese [IJA] and evaluated hence the orange paint.  A benefit of using a modified 21st Century kit was the low cost, $ 15.00 for the model plus another $ 5.00 for the aftermarket wheels.  Here is an additional pic of the IJA 262 as WIP before the flat coat and addition of the resin replacement wheels...

Cheers,
ggc