USMC F10-S Spitfire-finished

Started by AeroplaneDriver, July 23, 2008, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 24, 2008, 02:05:28 PM
Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 24, 2008, 01:59:44 PM
Love the Spit , bigger the engine , more I love em . I'd like to see the blue scheme  with US markings.  :wub: Are you talking solid blue or the light bottom, intermediate color then dark blue scheme?

I've thought about both schemes for a USMC version.  Both are still on the table as options really. 

How about gull grey over white like the AU-1s?? Always a nice scheme and on an A/c that never had it to boot :)

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Damian2 on July 24, 2008, 02:27:37 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 24, 2008, 02:05:28 PM
Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 24, 2008, 01:59:44 PM
Love the Spit , bigger the engine , more I love em . I'd like to see the blue scheme  with US markings.  :wub: Are you talking solid blue or the light bottom, intermediate color then dark blue scheme?

I've thought about both schemes for a USMC version.  Both are still on the table as options really. 

How about gull grey over white like the AU-1s?? Always a nice scheme and on an A/c that never had it to boot :)

D

You must be a mind reader D!  After my last post I went to the ARC gallery to look at schemes that would look good, and an AU-1 really caught my eye.

As usual, the options are increasing as the build progresses!  :banghead:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Taiidantomcat

Anything USMC :wub:...but I'm biased. That Au-1 scheme would look sharp (i admit i had to google it, but i recognized it as one of those Q-town Corsairs when i saw an image) blues would look good too. I understand having a lot of options can make you do one of these  :banghead: but, it just means you will have a great model no matter what you choose.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Eddie M.

Your progress is very impressive! Happy Birthday as well. Cheers!!
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Daryl J.

US SEA?   

Daryl J.

Chap

Happy Birthday AD! Great progress so far, how about something a bit more lighthearted? Possibly fictional markings from one of the Tin Tin comics, I know there were Spitfires in at least one book.

~Steve

AeroplaneDriver

Well construction is complete.  The only parts left to attach are the prop blades (the hub and spinner are just attached with bluetac for painting), landing gear, and exhaust stacks. 

It will hopefully get a primer coat before bed tonight, then full painting tomorrow. 

I like the ideas that you guys are sending my way.  I did think of how it would look in US SEA camo, and I thought it would be stunning, but I cant come up with a backstory that has a Mk.XIV still operating by the mid-late 60s.  I may keep thinking on it though.  As for TinTin...neat idea!  I'll probably go with something more 'real world' but that does get me thinking  :thumbsup: .  Also makes me wonder what sort of hardare we'll see in Spielberg's vision of Tin Tin...

Anyway, here she is waiting for paint.  The Griffon Spit really is a stunningly beautiful aircraft.   :wub:

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

K5054NZ

;D Superb Nick my man! Tell ya what, I don't see what the JMNs have against the Academy GrifSpits - looks right to me! Reminds me, when my credit card's back in the black I must add a 1:48 lowback XIV to the stash....thanks Academy!  :thumbsup:

Loving this one so far dude! Was gonna comment on how well detailed the OOB pit was for 72...then saw you added the belt and cushion  :rolleyes:

Sisko

Nice work!!!

And here I was thinking it was 1/48th!!! :o

I can't wait to see this baby all painted up.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Damian2

Go Nick go!!!

:cheers:
D

kitnut617

The Acadamy Mk.XIV is a really nice kit, I've built a couple myself, along with a bunch of Fujimi ones.  Your's looks like is coming along very nicely  :thumbsup:

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 24, 2008, 10:18:22 PM
I did think of how it would look in US SEA camo, and I thought it would be stunning, but I cant come up with a backstory that has a Mk.XIV still operating by the mid-late 60s.

Well you could work it the way a Spit was used to work out tactics the RAF needed when the Malaysian problem occurred about that time. This was how to attack the P-51's that Malaysian Air Force had with an EE Lightning
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

sotoolslinger

Looking very nice. That is a beautiful aircraft.  :wub: really excited to see the paint scheme you choose :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Assumes 'Laught In' character voice "Very inter-res-tink !"

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on July 24, 2008, 08:41:37 AM

1.  RAF Arctic Camo-RAF '46 scenario with the US/UK pushing back the Soviets after teh German surrender.

I like this one.  Kind of an early version of the RAF Jags & Harriers in Norway, white over one of the colours?  Or maybe an all over wash, heavilly weathered, with portions of the camo showing through?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Damian2

You know it is the right thing to do.

D

ps. This nice kit is by Busolini Massimo on ARC