Thinking in the Box, Real World GB?

Started by Mossie, July 25, 2008, 01:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Mossie mentioned it in another thread. Shall we do a real world build? I propose it begins March 1st, and ends April 1st. The April Serious GB. Possibly post the finished builds on ARC April the 1st? ;D

pyro-manic

I actually have an idea for this! I've never yet done a "real-world" build (well, not since I was about 7), but I've found some really interesting local history that I'd quite like to have a bash at, so I'd be up for it!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

I can't remember if I was thinking about this when I posted, but I've always wanted to do a Meteor T.71/2.  Another is the Airfix RNLI Severn Class lifeboat.

I think if we do this, we should give a What If flavour & encourage (but not make it a requirement) the unusual, strange & crazy.  So real protoypes, rarities, testbeds, special schemes & oddities would maybe get brownie points but if you're itching to do an ANG F-16 that's just had a minor change to it's fin stripe then that's okay too.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Can't believe this idea is a year an a half old.

I am in whether we make it an official GB or just do it unofficial.

Now, do we run with this for the April 1st date or wait a year and post the 1st week of 2011?
Wait, better idea, let's do this for the April Fool's Day (or All Fools Day depending where you are) and start our own version of Silly Week every year.  ARC doesn't have a special time to build for Silly Week, just a time to post anything submitted for it.  The builds can be new or even years old as long as they fit.  We should do the same thing, the first week of each year we post RW builds.  Would be fun to run them on the main page like ARC does.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

I wish I had been paying attention to this thread before I started the April Fools GB thread. :banghead:  :drink:
Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

No problem, Eddie. I fixed it for you.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

upnorth

I think it's a great idea, but an impossibly short build window for my work schedule to accomodate.

I'll cheer enthusiastically from the side lines if this GB happens though
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Brian da Basher

This might be an odd question, but would a real-world aircraft kitbashed from different parts be eligible? I have this project I've been planning for years, and I've got all the parts, but as far as I know, there's no kit of the subject.
:huh: :huh:
Brian da Basher

philp

Brian, they do build conversions in the real world so as long as the final product is a RW, you are good.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

The approval has been given for a 'sensible week', so I guess that probably removes the need for a GB now.  So get busy ready for April!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.