A-3 (A3D) Skywarrior and B-66 Destroyer

Started by dy031101, July 25, 2008, 07:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Love the pic of the a/c on deck...my favourite carrier era.

Looks forward to seeing more of this build ! Such a cool looking aeroplane....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tinlail

http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

"The normal parked configuration of the Skywarrior was with the slats extended and the flaps usually down. An extendable tail bumper is provided in the Hasegawa kit but it is normally up since it automatically retracted 15 seconds after touchdown and stayed up until the landing gear was next extended."

PR19_Kit

Yes, but it doesn't say what it did when the aircraft was on the ground. It's too late now anyway, mine has been modelled with it retracted.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: tinlail on December 11, 2013, 08:12:31 PM
http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

"The normal parked configuration of the Skywarrior was with the slats extended and the flaps usually down. An extendable tail bumper is provided in the Hasegawa kit but it is normally up since it automatically retracted 15 seconds after touchdown and stayed up until the landing gear was next extended."

I would say that the aircraft in Kit's pic has been on the ground for a lot longer than 15 seconds -----   ;D   plus everything is the other way around to your description
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

Looks good. But where does the landing gear go? Retracting inwards, into the wings?

sandiego89

Agree the VIP bird does look good, but besides gear placement, the gear would need to be very long to keep the engines off the ground. Real FOD hazard.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

I like the layout with the low wings, though. Maybe an pylon-less engine arrangement like on a Boeing 737 would be more practical? Or, even more radical, with the air brake space available and the high stabilizers, this could also end up like a Caravelle with the engines mounted at the rear fuselage (and clear wings and lower landing gear)?  :o

AS.12

I can't find the reference to hand, but Pakistan was to receive several squadrons' worth of B-66s until someone in the US administration changed their mind and sold them B-57s instead.

I'll keep digging in the books.

MAD

Quote from: AS.12 on August 12, 2017, 06:49:56 AM
I can't find the reference to hand, but Pakistan was to receive several squadrons' worth of B-66s until someone in the US administration changed their mind and sold them B-57s instead.

I'll keep digging in the books.

Yes please do AS.12, sounds interesting!!

MAD