PW's Pulp Magazine Marvel!

Started by puddingwrestler, July 27, 2008, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

You've reached extreme cool with this baby, PW! I'm glad you're back posting pics again and I'm already looking forward to your next update!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

puddingwrestler

I warn you, the next post will involve spats!

Now that BTB is drooling, allow me to mention the fact that I have posted the stories on my website - in the all new Dashing Aero Tales section.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

puddingwrestler

Look sir! Spats!

Okay, so they are only poncey quasi-hemi-demi-semi spats, but spats none the less! Let us all rejoice!

Okay, on to more serious things (still not very serious)
Stuck the wings on...

Made some rotor shafts...

Made a rotor...

Made it some mates...

Because the rotors are all so close together they needed to be made to an inter-meshing design and on diffrente levels to allow them to be long enough to do anything at all. Of course they would hardly do much as is, but this is a pulp magazine! They at least LOOK like they might do something!
Anyone ever see the illustrations from Verne's 'Master of the World' - basically 20,000 leagues with air ships? The airship uses rotors to stay aloft. About a thousand of them. The illustrations are all rotor with a bit of airship just peeping through the middle...

Brian da Basher

I'm certainly rejoycing over your amazing creativity, PW! This is one amazing concept andyou're a master at putting all the diverse elements together!

I plan on getting one of these kits one day so your project is a double treat for me.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

puddingwrestler

I assume you realize that the model represents the partially spatted version but there was a full-spat version? No real progress today -need to get holdof some small spheres for ball turrets. Been working on this in the meantime...

AeroplaneDriver

Looking very cool!

Strange that you mention "Master of the World".  I've never read it, but just found out today that it is set very close to our home in NC, in a town where I used to work.  Strangely, I never saw any reference to it when I worked there, probably because the locals are largely illiterate.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

puddingwrestler

Well, it's a sort of obscure(ish) book, and what do you expect, an inscription like 'Some French nerk wrote a book in which a giant airship dropped infernal devices upon this point'?

Havn't read it either - never found a copy. I've read a few things about it, and seen some illustrations, but never read the real thing.

Rafael

Now this is a very fun build, PW!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really have to stare and stare at your small fighters. And this VTOL monster begs to be painted comic-like, if there is such a way to paint a 3D object!!

Fantastic!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Wow , when one gets cocky and thinks how cool their own stuff is you have the ability to bring us back to earth. That is so good its humbling. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Effin brilliant :thumbsup: :party:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

puddingwrestler

Bought  some itty bitty teeny tiny beads to make ball turrets which I would be installing even now (7:30am) before heading to work as is my custom but my parent's are visiting and are currently sleeping in my modeling room (darn!)
Since these were about the last bits I was waiting for things should get moving soon!

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

jcf

Quote from: puddingwrestler on August 02, 2008, 10:52:42 PM
I assume you realize that the model represents the partially spatted version but there was a full-spat version? No real progress today -need to get holdof some small spheres for ball turrets. Been working on this in the meantime...

The full spats were only flown once on the first G.38 (D-2000/D-AZUR), the Revell kit represents the second(and final) aircraft (D-2500,D-APIS) in its final configuration with Jumo 204 Diesel engines.

Jon

puddingwrestler

Building my first entry for the Seaplanes GB (there will be more! Mwahahahahaha!) reminded me about this bird, which I have sort of... forgotten. Well, I'm pleased to announce that it's very nearly finished and I'm putting it back on the bench. It may take me a while to figure out where the parasite fighters have gone (and the clear parts for that matter), but all the parts of the main plane are easily found.

noxioux