Hasegawa

Started by Maverick, July 28, 2008, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Quote from: Weaver on September 29, 2019, 07:26:27 PM
I'd have guessed it was Rick Wakeman's golf cart...

Not as funky, but there is a tractor to partner it:
https://www.plazajapan.com/4967834660052/
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: TheChronicOne on September 29, 2019, 02:20:21 PM
If someone were to ask me what that was I would never have guessed in a million years!

Nor me, that is truly weird.

Looks like something from the "Anime" or whatever they call it universes. Looking at it carefully I can just about figure out how it works, but part of me expects to see it racing around Suzuka ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Click on the pic and look at the tyres full size.  They are wild.
It looks to me like something made up from a modellers spare parts box after all the good spare parts have been used.
Or, something from Wacky Races' Prof Pat Pending after the LSD incident... :o
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on October 01, 2019, 04:47:58 AM
Click on the pic and look at the tyres full size.  They are wild.

I would imagine they're designed to work in flooded fields and mud.  Have you ever seen the swamp racers used in the deep US south, very tall skinny wheels just like those, but bigger diameter.

Now I had wondered where the wheels and tires came from, I couldn't imagine they were custom made just for a few racers.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Dizzyfugu

IIRC, these are so-called "(Rice) Paddy Tires" - more or less standard equipment for vehicles operated in flooded rice fields and similar wet enironments, frequently seen in Asia. Some of these can be very narrow, almost like discs!

chrisonord

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 02, 2019, 02:45:35 AM
IIRC, these are so-called "(Rice) Paddy Tires" - more or less standard equipment for vehicles operated in flooded rice fields and similar wet enironments, frequently seen in Asia. Some of these can be very narrow, almost like discs!
And the rednecks like putting 1000 horsepower through them ;D :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Rick Lowe

Quote from: chrisonord on October 02, 2019, 05:35:36 AM

Don't they always? ;D

zenrat

I have no problem with that.  It looks like fun.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on October 03, 2019, 03:23:18 AM

Do a search of swamp buggy racing Fred ---- When Speed Channel was still around, they would show it on TV.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on October 03, 2019, 07:33:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on October 03, 2019, 03:23:18 AM

Do a search of swamp buggy racing Fred ---- When Speed Channel was still around, they would show it on TV.

I've seen it.  Hence my comment.  I  am a keen observer of all the weird and obscure forms of motorsport.
Just today I was thinking about Unimotorcycle racing.

Fred

Rick Lowe

Now that's just nuts - but they do look like thy're having fun.

elmayerle

I have to say I was less than fully pleased with Hasegawa's 1/72 F-15EX kit.   The basic F-15 moldings are as good as ever, but they totally neglected one of the most obvious changes, the two additional wing stores stations, both in the kit itself and in the loadout chart in the instructions.  Nice try, but....
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin