M

can you guess what it is yet???

Started by mistress mannerheim, July 30, 2008, 09:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistress mannerheim

stil needing lots and lots of work to get it ready for painting tho, heres progress so far after chopping, shortening, thinning, reshaping, etc, etc.  :banghead:

Hobbes

BAe P.110?  (edit: no, that doesn't have strakes)

AeroplaneDriver

I'm tempted to go with the obvious and say "F-18"  ;D but I wont.

P530 or F-17 maybe?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

jcf

YF-17 based on the forward notch in the LERX, unless of course you are planning to fill them in to make the P530-3.

Jon

puddingwrestler

An F-18 that's been put on a diet and then run into a rather unfriendly, but incredibly dextrous laser cannon battery which has sliced it's wing off with incredible, indeed uncanny precision, captured on film just before it crashed as a result of only having one wing?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Damian2

Quote from: puddingwrestler on July 30, 2008, 03:28:54 PM
An F-18 that's been put on a diet and then run into a rather unfriendly, but incredibly dextrous laser cannon battery which has sliced it's wing off with incredible, indeed uncanny precision, captured on film just before it crashed as a result of only having one wing?

Damn it! He took my guess!!

D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Daryl J.

I think I ran.   But then again, maybe I walked.

Daryl J.,seeing something Persian

Mossie

Looks to me like an F-17, are you going to do it as an operational version?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Howard of Effingham

it looks rather like an F-17 and a half!  ;D

here's to the end result  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.

sotoolslinger

Wow that is cool  :mellow: You have taken on quite a project. I was just reading about the F-17  and thinking it was cooler looking than the F-18 :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

I was afraid to guess, until a couple other people had. . .

This is a great idea.  It almost makes me want to suggest a "Y" build, where we'd all take a production aircraft and build the prototype.  Some would definitely be easier than others, but still, it might be entertaining.

It is funny how you start a project like this thinking, "What could be easier?", and later find yourself measuring your progress by counting the empty tubes of putty. . .

kitnut617

Wouldn't it be easier if you just bought this --- not to knock your kitbash though, MM:

http://www.anigrand.com/AA2023_YF-17.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Daryl J.

Cool!   I'd seen it as an Iranian F-5 derivative thus the "I ran" comment.

Daryl J.

AeroplaneDriver

The thing about building an "F-17" is that you raelly have a little bit of leeway.  If you assume that the YF-17 won the LWF contest, then you can make changes to the production F-17.  The F-16A was different from the YF-16, and in the same way you can make a production F-17A different from the YF-17.  It wouldnt be as different as the F-18, but still, it gives you a little room to maneuver.

Cant wait to see it progress!   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....