Spanish F-16 spotted!

Started by Shasper, July 31, 2008, 01:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Have to admit, it is a nice looking model, but I fail to see how any crew chief would allow any plane in his charge to be allowed to become so damm filthy. Still when it comes to weathering, each to thier own I suppose.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

It does happen.  I remember seeing a pair of flithy Italian Starfighters at Waddington some years back.  I couldn't believe just how dirty these aircraft were, especially for an airshow, no-one had even bothered to give them a cursory wipe down.

It seems to be a thing in Mediteranean countries, Greece, Italy & Spain especially.  Saying that, RAF aircraft tend to be a lot muckier then they were at one time when you see them at an airshow.

Here's something approaching what I saw on Airliners.net:
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Italy%20-%20Air%20Force/Aeritalia%20F-104S%20ASA%20Starfighter/1288822/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=keyword_%28%27+%22Starfighter%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE%29%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=35&prev_id=1290098&next_id=1277319
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Gekko_1

Did I hear someone say dirty birds! :wub:

Well here's some evidence that it does happen! :thumbsup:

Nice Tamiya 32nd scale Spanish F-16CJ Fighting Falcon too BTW! :thumbsup: :bow:

:cheers:

Richard.