RAAF Mirage 4000S

Started by Aussie747, August 01, 2008, 06:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectrikBlue

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Bryan H.

Beautiful!  :wub:

:cheers: & happy modeling, Bryan

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

GTX

Wicked!

Re the anniversary, if its the near future (i.e. 2016) it could be for the 100th anniversary of the Squadron's formation.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Aussie747

It was more around the late 80s after the M2000 was chosen as a Mirage III replacement and then the M4000 was chosen to replace F-4s (the F-111s did not make it into RAAF service as a wing pin separation problem could not be solved :D).  So perhaps 80th SQN Anniversary in 1986?
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Sisko

Wow very nice finish! :bow:

I am inspired to go out and get one myself. I reckon it would look good in one of Gekko's RAAF schemes. :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

John Howling Mouse

Cool scheme...good luck in that competition!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Green Dragon

Nice one Ray that's a great looking Mirage, hope you do well in the compo!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aussie747

Well this one is still on the bench, it did not make the comp, I was repairing the nose gear when some glue managed to find its way into the cockpit (from the nose wheel well) and stuffed the windscreen. Fortunately I had a spare and was able to remove the affected item and replace it. I have since put the new screen in but still need to fair it in and repaint the nose around it.

Hope to get it done soon.

:cheers:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

sideshowbob9

Love it! Especially the red spine/tail! Really contrasts nicely with the camo.

Had glue go walkies myself (grrrrr) but I'm sure you'll be able to fix her up in no time.  :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Aussie747 on March 01, 2009, 08:40:57 PM
<...> some glue managed to find its way into the cockpit (from the nose wheel well) <...>

:banghead: What are the odds of the paint running where you want it to?  :banghead: Sorry to hear of the mishap!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Rafael

I'm sure your repairs will leave this girl as beautiful as in the pics, Aussie!!!

She's a real beaut, a stunner :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Sorry to hear 'bout that, Ray. But gotta say this still gives me 'Whif Wood'  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)